You can download Netflix content to watch it offline. Here’s how to do it on different devices.
In case you didn’t already know, Netflix allows you to download content to watch offline. This allows you to download movies and TV shows to your device so that you can watch them when you are not connected to the internet.
In this article, we explain how to download Netflix TV shows and movies to a range of different devices.
READ ALSO: Does Netflix offer a 30-day free trial?
Can You Download All Shows And Movies From Netflix?
In short, no. Netflix does not allow you to download all shows and movies from the platform. Some of the content is only licensed for streaming, so you cannot download that content to your devices to watch it offline.
However, there are plenty of options for downloadable content, if you are concerned that your show may not be available for download. You can actually browse the list of content that you can download from Netflix.
Selecting Video Quality For Your Netflix Downloads
Netflix gives you several quality options for your downloaded content. So, depending on your internet connection, you can choose the resolution in which you want to download content for offline viewing on your devices.
Keep in mind that the quality option you choose applies to all of your downloads. You cannot specify the quality option per show or per movie.
You can change the current download quality in the Netflix app as follows:
- Open the Netflix app and tap More below.
- Press on Application settings on the resulting screen.
- Select Download video quality .
- Choose option Standard or High.
How to download movies and shows from Netflix on Android
Netflix for Android has a dedicated section where you can find, download, and manage content for offline viewing. This makes it easier to access your downloaded shows and movies.
Here’s how to download your first show or movie in the app:
- Launch the Netflix app and tap Downloads below.
- Press the button that says Find something to download .
- You will see all the Netflix shows and movies that you can download to your device.
- Tap the one you want to download, and then tap Download.
Netflix should start downloading the selected content without further prompts. You will find your downloaded shows or movies in the section Downloads of the application.
How To Download Movies And Shows From Netflix On IOS
Netflix for iOS works much the same as Netflix for Android. You find the content you want to watch offline, tap the option to download it and it will appear in the section Downloads of the application.
Here’s how to do it step by step:
- Open the Netflix app and find the show or movie you want to download.
- If your selected show or movie is downloadable, a button Download appears. Press this button to start your download.
- When your item is downloaded, it will appear in the Downloads at the bottom of the app.
How To Download Movies And Shows From Netflix On Windows 10
If you’re using a Windows 10 computer or tablet, you’re not left out. Netflix also lets you download shows and movies to Windows 10 devices, and the process is the same as for smartphones.
Here’s how to get your favorite Netflix content for offline use on Windows 10:
- Go to the Netflix app, click on the three horizontal lines at the top left and select My downloads .
- Click on Find something to download to see what can be downloaded.
- Netflix shows all the shows and movies you can download.
- Select the item to download, then click the button Download.
Your downloaded content will appear in the My downloads of the Netflix app.
How To Download Movies And Shows From Netflix On Amazon Fire OS Devices
Amazon Fire OS devices also support downloading content from Netflix. You can grab your favorite shows when you’re offline on your Fire OS devices, like a Fire tablet.
The following describes the download procedure for these devices:
- Launch the Netflix app and navigate to the movie or show you want to download.
- If the title is available for download, you will see a button Download . Press the button and the item will be saved to your device.
How to Delete Downloaded Netflix Content
Once you are done watching your downloaded content, you can delete the content to make room for new shows and movies. There is an option in the Netflix app that allows you to delete your downloaded content.
You can use this option as follows on an Android device (the procedure should be similar for other devices):
- Launch the Netflix app and tap Downloads .
- Tap the content you want to delete.
- Tap the box next to the content and select Delete download . This will delete the selected item.
- To delete multiple downloaded files, tap the pencil icon on the screen Downloads , check the items you want to delete, and then tap the delete icon at the top right.
Your selected items will be deleted. If you ever need to recover something, you will need to download it to your device again.
How to Automatically Download Episodes from Netflix
Netflix has an option called Smart Downloads that intelligently downloads your favorite shows to your devices. When you enable this option, the app downloads the next episode of the series you have currently downloaded and are watching.
For example, if you watch episode 2 of Stranger Things, Netflix will automatically download episode 3 for you.
You must enable the Smart Downloads option in your app before using it. To activate it, go to the section Downloads application and activate the option Smart downloads .
What To Do If You Cannot Download Netflix Shows And Movies?
If you are having trouble downloading something from Netflix, something may not work on your device.
If you are an Android user, go to Settings> Apps & notifications> Netflix> Permissions> Storage and make sure that To allow is activated. This allows Netflix to store content on your phone’s storage.
On an iPhone or iPad, reinstall the Netflix app and see if that fixes your download issues.
Windows users should ensure that they are running the latest version of their operating system. You can use the application Settings to check for updates and update Windows to the current version.
SEE AS WELL: The best horror series to watch on Netflix right now
Use Netflix For Entertainment On Long Trips
With Netflix allowing you to download content for offline use, you no longer have to worry about not having something to watch while you’re on the go. You can bring your favorite shows and movies with you, wherever you are.
There are plenty of great shows and movies to choose from on Netflix, and you will never be short of content to watch on this platform.