WifiSlax it is a Linux based operating system, made for audit or control a wifi connection. It contains a large number of dictionaries to break the security of these wireless connections, providing a lots of tools to accomplish this goal. In addition, many other tools can be accessed by installing additional modules in the system.
WifiSlax has a port scanner and other features to detect the vulnerability of a connection and analyze network traffic. This operating system is based on the Linux distribution Salckware, created in 1993, which is mainly geared towards advanced users, who perform more delicate tasks.
The software is legal use, because its development has a noble purpose. It is used to perform network audit and forensic analysis, that is to say: ethical hacking. It can break network security with protocol Wep, Wap Yes Wap2. Of these, Wep is the easiest to break, which is one of the reasons it is falling into disuse.
The WifiSlax installation has some technical details, that knowing how to approach them, it turns out Easy. In this article, we will introduce two ways to install the WifiSlax operating system. Click here to go to the WifiSlax download site and get a copy of the 32-bit or 64-bit ISO, depending on your computer’s architecture.
WifiSlax in a virtual machine
Open WifiSlax in a virtual machine, it is a fast process, but some attention is needed to achieve it. First, check if you have enabled the option of virtualization from BIOS From your computer. The activation process depends on the manufacturer of your computer’s motherboard. Once you understand, click on this link to download the VirtualBox Oralcle, a fairly popular software for creating virtual machines.
Once you have downloaded VirtualBox, open the installer and follow these steps:
- Click on the buttons Next (next) of each window that appears.
- In the window where it warns you that the connection may be disabled for a while, click And it’s (yes), without any fear.
- In the next window, click on To install, and once the process is complete, click To finish.
- As a last step, restart the PC. This last step is more of a precaution.
TO open WifiSlax from a virtual machine, the following video is quite informative regarding the configuration and startup of the operating system. However, when it comes to the configuration exposed in the video, it should be borne in mind that it is more recommendable define a RAM memory of 2 GB for the system.
Use WifiSlax from a USB key
If you cannot start a virtual machine, you can run the operating system from a USB key. You must first prepare the USB memory, so that from it you can run WifiSlax. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Download the Universal USB Installer by clicking on this link.
- There you will see the following configuration window.
- First, find WifiSlax in the list of operating systems, so that the USB is correctly configured.
- Click on Browse, and tell the program where they saved the WifiSlax iso.
- Finally, choose the USB storage where you want to host the operating system.
Now touch Restart your computer, and enter the launch configuration (start menu), accessible via one of the F keys; according to the manufacturer. Once inside, choose to boot from the USB which contains the WifiSlax, then you will see the installation menu. Of the:
- Choose the Start option in SMP.
- Press Enter on WifiSlax on the KDE desktop.
- After a few minutes, WifiSlax will be there ready to use.
Once the operating system is up and running, with a few more steps you will get check the solidity of the security from a Wi-Fi network.
- Click the button at the bottom left of the screen.
- A menu will open, from there go to WifiSlax >> Wireless and run the GOYscript program.
- A pop-up window will appear, list of available networks. When the network of interest appears, press the combination. CTRL + C.
- Then enter the number that has the Wi-Fi signal in the list, then the attack will begin.
It should be mentioned that the attack efficiency, mainly depends on the weak security of the network. This is why it is important to establish a strong password in our connections. If you are concerned about these forms of attacks on Wi-Fi networks, you can visit Strong Radom Password Generator, a site that generates strong passwords and they even give you a mnemonic to help you remember it.