µTorrent is one of the most popular programs on the Internet for downloading files as Torrent. That is why in this article you will learn how to download and install this software on computers with Windows operating system. However, you should know that it is available also for Mac and Linux / GNU, and downloading and installing is basically the same on all computers, the executable file format simply varies.
Now before download and install µTorrent on your computer, know that this program has different versions, including some premium subscriptions, one free and another web. The latter is ideal for inexperienced users, as it allows you to play and download content at the same time, in just a few steps. On the other hand, it is important to note that the download process does not require great computer skills.
In order to download µTorrent You need to go to the manufacturer’s website and follow the steps outlined below. Note that in this example show how to download free version, but you can choose one of the payment options.
- Slide to the end of the page.
- Hurry “Download now” at “BASIC”.
- In doing so, you will be redirected to a new window where The download will start automatically. Select the folder to save the file and press “save”.To note: The download format will depend on your computer’s operating system.
- Expect while the download finishes to install the program.
Keep in mind that the download time of the file it will depend on your internet speed. However, since it weighs 5 megabytes, it will only take you a few minutes to get it.
Once the µTorrent executable file has downloaded, you will be able to start the program installation as shown below. It is important to stress that, you need an internet connection to install this software.
- do Double click in the file “µTorrent”.
- If necessary, grant administrator permissions to continue the installation.
- Hurry “following”And repeat in the next window.
- Click on “Accept”.
- In the next window, you will be offered the possibility to download the “Opera” browser, uncheck the box and press “Next”.
To note: if you want to install Opera, keep the box checked and press “Next”.
- Then an option will appear for install “Avast Antivirus”. Hurry “Decline“If you want to reject it or”I accept”To confirm the installation of the antivirus.
- In the following three options will appear to create buttons for direct access to µTorrent on the computer. Uncheck those you do not consider necessary and click on “following”.
- Now you have to decide if you want let the program start when the computer starts and add µTorrent to the Windows Firewall exception list. Likewise, you will need to set file formats that you want it to support for downloading.
To note: It is recommended uncheck the “Star µTorrent when Windows starts up” box since this program consumes bandwidth and reduces internet connection speed.
- Hurry “following”.
Performing the above steps will start the µTorrent installation process. Please wait while the green bar fills up to open the program and start enjoying its benefits. Please note that you may need to re-grant administrator permissions to access for the first time.
If you want update µTorrent to its latest version, you should know that you can do it easily from the program’s own interface. Since it issues an alert or notification that a new update is available. Which you can download by clicking on the corresponding button and completing the necessary process.
On another side, by following the path Help> Check for updates In the µTorrent toolbar, you can check whether or not you have the latest version of the program. If no update is available, a pop-up window will appear with the message “There is no new version yet”.
After reading this text, you can easily download, install or update µTorrent on your computer in a matter of minutes.