You can easily forget to disconnect your Facebook account from certain devices that you use occasionally. It can be a smartphone or a PC that does not belong to us. If you suspect that someone is signing into your account without your knowledge, here’s how to sign out your Facebook account from all devices that don’t belong to you.
You log into your account Facebook on a friend’s PC and later realize that you forgot to log out. How do you prevent him from accessing your account? It is not easy to make sure that you are well protected from prying eyes. Fortunately, there is a solution.
How to disconnect your Facebook account from all devices
You have the choice between disconnect your Facebook account from all devices or select those which you think are not authorized to access it. Here’s how to do it.
From a computer
- Log into your account Facebook.com from a browser
- Go to Settings from the main menu (click on the arrow at the top, far right)
- In the left menu, click Security and Connection
- In the section Your connections, identify all the devices you want to disconnect from
- Click on the three vertical dots next to the name of each device (smartphone, tablet or PC) then click on the logout button.
From a smartphone
To disconnect your Facebook account from all devices not authorized to access it from your Android smartphone or iPhone, the process is the same:
- Sign into your account Facebook and press the Menu button (the 3 horizontal lines in the upper right corner).
- Scroll through the list and press Settings and privacy.
- Press on Settings then on Security and connection.
- Under section Where you are connected, you will see all the devices on which your Facebook account is currently connected.
All you have to do is select each device and disconnect your account, except of course your own devices on which you want to leave it connected.