YouTube keeps a history of the videos you watch. Having access to your activities makes it easier to find content that you have viewed in the past. It’s convenient, but sometimes you don’t necessarily want to keep track of your activities on the video platform. Fortunately, this allows whoever wants to delete all or part of its history.
Youtube keeps a history of your activities on your Google Account. These data also contain search history only videos that you have watched over the past few months. They are useful for improving your experience and notably feed the recommendation algorithm. If for some reason you want to get rid of it, here’s how. You have the option of deleting one or more videos from the history, or even all of the stored data.
How to Clear YouTube History
The easiest process for remove YouTube video history is as follows.
On the YouTube website
- Make sure you’re signed in with your Gmail address
- In the left menu, click on the option Historical
- You have access to all the videos watched in recent days
- Hover the mouse over each video to display the delete cross on the right. Click on it to remove the video from the history. Repeat the process for any content you want to erase.
- To clear the entire history of YouTube videos, click on the corresponding link in the right column (see image above).
Delete YouTube history from iPhone or Android smartphone
The process of deleting YouTube history is slightly different. Here you can only delete the whole history, without the option to do it video by video.
- Open the app on your smartphone and make sure you’re signed in with your Gmail account
- Click on your profile icon at the top right then on Settings
- Select History and confidentiality
- Press on Clear the history of watched videos Or on Clear search history according to the desired option
On the same screen, you also have an option to turn off both search history and video history. In doing so, the application will no longer keep them.