Social networks are a powerful tool that allows you to connect with your friends and the rest of the world. However, it can also connect you with negative business and content, which can shatter your self-esteem and affect your life. If you’ve decided to quit social media and want to delete your accounts, we can help. In this guide, you will learn how to delete your accounts from social networks Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and other popular platforms. Let’s get started.
How do I delete my Facebook account?
Facebook is the largest social media platform with over 2 billion active users worldwide. The platform offers a hassle-free option to delete your account. Here’s how to delete your Facebook account.
- Open Facebook.com on your browser.
- Now go ondown arrow icon in the upper right corner and click on it.
- Go to section Settings and privacy and click on it.
- Now go to the section Settings> Privacy and click on Your Facebook information.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and click on Deactivation and deletion.
- Here you will have the option to upload all your information. Also, if you own pages, you can make someone else the administrator of the page, otherwise the pages will be deleted as well.
- Now click on Delete account and continue. You will most likely be asked to enter your password, and once you enter the password, your request will be sent.
You will have a 30-day grace period during which you can change your mind and access your account to reactivate it. Once the grace period is over, Facebook will delete your account including all of your information like photos, videos and everything in between.
How do I delete my account on Twitter?
Twitter is another very popular social media platform with over 1 billion active users worldwide. The platform also allows users to permanently delete their account, and here’s how you can delete your account on Twitter.
- Open Twitter.com on your web browser.
- Access theplus icon on the left side of the screen and click on it.
- Now go to the section Settings and privacy and click on it.
- Search section Deactivate the account in your account section.
- Now click on Deactivate and confirm your action.
Like Facebook, Twitter also offers a 30-day grace period during which you can access and reactivate your account. Once the period has elapsed, Twitter will delete your account and all data associated with it.
How to delete your Snapchat account?
Snapchat also allows its users to delete their accounts from the platform, but they will have to do so from the web portal. Here’s how to delete your Snapchat account.
- Access Snapchat web portal from your web browser
- Enter your username and password. Click on Log in to access the portal.
- Once you are in the portal, find your way to the section Delete my account and click on it.
- The portal will ask you to to confirm your action by entering the password.
- Now click on Carry on.
Like Facebook and Twitter, Snapchat also offers the 30-day grace period during which you can change your mind and reactivate your Snapchat account. Once this period has elapsed, your data will be deleted from the Snapchat servers.
How do I delete my Instagram account?
Instagram has a very simple process that you can use to remove your account from the platform. Here’s how to delete your account from Instagram.
- Access the profile deletion request page Instagram.
- Here you will be asked for a reason for deleting your account.
- Now enter your password and click on Remove.
Instagram offers the 30-day grace period during which you can access and reactivate your Instagram account. After the period has elapsed, your photos and other items will be deleted from Instagram servers.
How do I delete my account from TikTok?
TikTok has become very popular in recent years, and the reason for this is the short video format which is very interesting. However, if you don’t like TikTok or think it takes a lot longer, you can easily delete your account. Here’s how to delete your TikTok account using the app.
- Open theTikTok app on your smartphone.
- Now press thethree dot icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Go to section Manage account and press it.
- Search section Delete account at the bottom of the screen.
- To push on Carry on and you will be asked to enter the code you received on your phone or on the 2FA app.
- Once you have entered the code, press Delete account.
Once you have completed the above steps, you will enter the 30 day grace period during which you can access your TikTok account and reconsider your decision. After 30 days, your account will be deleted from TikTok.
Can I access my deleted Facebook account?
If you deleted your Facebook account, but changed your mind within 30 days, you can still access and reactivate it. Once the 30 day period has elapsed, you will no longer be able to access your Facebook account.
Can it be temporarily disabled by Facebook account?
Yes, if you don’t want to permanently delete your account, you can deactivate it. Here’s how to temporarily deactivate your Facebook account.
- Access to settings of your account.
- Now go into Privacy> Your Facebook information, then press Deactivation and deletion.
- To push on Disable Account and follow the on-screen instructions.
In this guide, you learned how to delete your social media accounts on popular platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and TikTok. Once your account is deleted, you will no longer be able to access it and you will have to create a new account if you wish to use this platform again. If you also have any questions, please let us know in the comments. You can also consult the best social media apps for Android on our website.