Do you regret posting this photo or video on Instagram?
Whether you want to clean up some of the old posts from your feed or have changed your mind immediately after posting something, deleting Instagram photos and videos is quick and easy to accomplish.
Follow these steps to delete your own Instagram photos or videos that you just don’t want to feature on your profile anymore.
Need a break from Instagram? Consider temporarily disabling your Instagram account.
Delete photos or videos from Instagram
First, make sure you have access to a mobile device compatible with theapplication official Instagram installed. You can only delete messages when you are logged in to your account in the app, which means you cannot delete anything if you try to log in using a web browser on Instagram.com.
- Open the Instagram app (sign in to your account if necessary) and tap theprofile icon in the bottom menu to access your profile.
- Touch the extension you want to delete to view it.
- In the upper right corner of each photo and video screen, you will see three points. Touch them to bring up a menu of options.
- Select Remove. You can also archive Instagram messages, effectively hiding them from other users.
- To finalize the permanent deletion of your Instagram post, you will be prompted to press again Remove to confirm that you actually want to delete your post. Remember that once a message is deleted, it cannot be undone.
Deletion or archiving of posts on Instagram
Here is a brief summary of the difference between archiving and deletion:
- Hide your post from your profile so that no one else can see it (even you)
- gives you the opportunity to re-register your position on your profile at any time, with no time limit for the retention period in your archives
- Keep all your likes and comments on the post
- Permanently removes your position from your profile, including all similar positions and positions it has obtained
- Impossible to undo