Instagram is one of the biggest social media platforms in the world, which makes it one of the best platforms to make new friends. You can follow new people and socialize with them. However, you’ll also come across people you won’t like, and Instagram gives you the option to remove them from your subscriber list. If you want to know how to delete followers on Instagram, this guide is for you. Let’s start.
How to delete followers on an Instagram account
It doesn’t matter if your Instagram account is set to private or public, you can easily remove unwanted people from your followers list. Here is how you can do it.
- Open the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone.
- Now tap on the profile icon at the bottom right of the profile.
- Go to section Subscribers at the top of the screen and tap it.
- Find the subscribers you want to remove and press the button Remove right next to their names to remove them from your Instagram profile.
Congratulations! You have successfully deleted the unwanted subscriber from your Instagram account. You can follow the same steps to remove other unwanted subscribers.
How to restrict a user on Instagram
Now, if you don’t want to completely remove the person from your subscribers list, you can restrict that person, which will restrict some functionality. For example, when you limit someone on Instagram, only you and that person will be able to see their comments on your posts. No other person will be able to see these comments. On top of that, messages from restricted people will land in “message requests”, so that they won’t be able to bother you with their annoying messages.
Here’s how you can restrict followers on Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Go to your subscribers list and tap on the profile of the person you want to restrict.
- Once you are on the profile, press thethree vertical dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Several options will appear; Press on Restrict and the prompt will show what happens when you restrict people. If you want to know more, press Find out more. Otherwise, press To close.
How to quickly delete followers on Instagram?
The whole process of removing followers on Instagram is pretty straightforward. Just go to the followers section of your profile and start removing the people you don’t want from your followers list.
What Happens When You Delete Instagram Followers?
When you remove followers from your Instagram and have a private account, they won’t be able to access your photos. However, if you have a public account, they can still verify your photos.
That’s all. In this guide, you have learned how to delete followers on Instagram. We have also explained the method that you can use if you don’t want to remove the follower but restrict it. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments. Also, if you want to know how to record live videos on Instagram, check out this guide.