Deleting an Epic Games account deletes Fortnite and all associated data
What there is to know
- First, hover the cursor over your name user Epic Games and select Account > Settings generals. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Then next to Delete the account, select Request account Remove. You will get an email code. Enter it and select To confirm the request deletion.
- To unlink an Epic Games account: Go to account > Accounts connected > Disconnect.
This article explains how to delete a Fortnite account, which means deleting your Epic Games account because Fortnite uses the Epic Games platform to save games, transfer data, and save player progress. We also cover how to unlink an Epic Games account from your console if you want to use a different Epic Games account instead.
When you delete an Epic Games account, Epic deletes all of your game data and associated purchases. This process is permanent. All of your progress in Fortnite is gone and you lose access to all the games you bought from Epic Games. Your Epic Games friend list disappears and any downloadable content (DLC) like Fortnite V-Bucks is removed.
- Hover the cursor over your name user Epic Games in the upper right corner and select Account in the drop-down menu. If you share your computer with other people, be sure to sign in to the correct account. You don’t want to delete someone else’s account by mistake.
- On the page Settings generals, scroll to the bottom of the page. Beside Delete the account, select Request account Remove. You cannot undelete an Epic Games account. Make sure you want to delete Fortnite and your associated data before proceeding.
- A confirmation email containing a six-digit code is sent to the email address associated with your Epic Games account. To avoid losing information on the screen, view your email in a separate browser tab or window.
- Enter the email code in the text field on the Epic Games website, then select Confirm the request deletion.
- A question seems to be asking why you are leaving. Select Jump this or answer it, then select Continue.
- Click sure Done in the window that appears to provide the final confirmation that you want to delete your account.
- If you are not automatically logged out, select Logout to complete the process.
It may take up to two weeks for your data to shut down completely and all of your data to be erased from Epic Games’ servers.
If you just want to stop playing Fortnite, you don’t have to delete your account. Instead, uninstall the game from your console or gaming device. If you decide to replay later, log into Epic Games and pick up where you left off.
To use another Epic Games account on your Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4, you don’t have to permanently delete the account data. Instead, unlink from the console and connect a new one in its place.
Unlinking an Epic Games account from a console allows you to use a different account on the console while keeping the original account and its data on the Epic Game servers.
Here’s how to unlink your console from an Epic Games account:
- Log in to the Epic Games site.
- Hover the cursor over your name user Epic Games in the upper right corner and select Account in the drop-down menu.
- Select Connected accounts from the left menu pane.
- Select Disconnect under the console you want to untie.
Everyone who plays Fortnite has an Epic Games account. You create one automatically when playing Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4.
You can delete your fortnite player data from the cloud. However, deleting your player’s data requires you to completely delete the associated Epic Games account, including any digital purchases you made with it.
In addition to powering Fortnite, players use Epic Games accounts to purchase and download digital titles from Epic Games’ official online storefront.