What there is to know:
- Go to Settings> Users and accounts for add or delete profiles.
- It is possible to permanently delete your account by contacting Sony.
- Before deleting, remember that each profile can earn trophies while you play.
This article teaches you how to delete a profile on PS5 and how to delete an account permanently, as well as why you might want to.
If you have multiple accounts logged in to your PlayStation 5, you can put some away and delete them. Here’s what to do.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Users and Accounts.
- Click sure Users at the bottom of the list.
- Click on the trash can next to the user you want to delete.
- Click sure OK to agree to delete the PS5 account, thus losing all your saved data, screenshots, video clips and login details. If the account is the console’s primary account, it will also reset the PS5.
- Click sure OK and wait for the user to be deleted.
If you want to permanently delete your PlayStation 5 profile, the process is a bit more complicated and requires you to use the official playstation site. Here’s what to do.
You have to do this through a web browser like on your smartphone or PC / Mac.
- Go to https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/contact-us/
- Click on Account & Security.
- Click on Manage account and iD online.
- Click on Live Chat Now.
- Explain that you want to close your account. You will need to provide your registration email address as well as your online ID upon request.
- Wait until the account is permanently deleted by Sony.
Permanent deletion will cause you to lose access to any credit still in your account, all purchased content, and any subscriptions you may have.
Accidentally deleted an account or want to add a new one? Here’s what to do.
- Activate your Playstation 5 and the DualSense controller.
- Click on Add user.
- Click on Start to sign a second PSN account in the console, or click on Quick Play for configure a temporary guest account for when the console is turned on. You can also choose to connect and play to log into a PSN account just for the duration of the game session.
- Follow the current sign and start playing a game together.
Reasons to add or remove Playstation 5 user accounts
The PlayStation 5 only requires one master account to operate, but there are a few reasons you might want to set up more (or remove some).
- More than one of you can win trophies. If you are both signed in to your PSN accounts, you can unlock trophies together. A guest profile cannot earn trophies.
- Other household members can use the PlayStation 5. If you want to separate your friend list from other household members, you can switch between different profiles depending on who is playing.
- Deleting accounts helps tidy things up. It’s not essential, but it feels cleaner to log into a console with the minimum number of users to choose from rather than being overwhelmed with the options.
- Permanently deleting an account permanently deletes everything. It’s a big decision to permanently delete your account, but if you want a clean break from your PlayStation history, this is the best way to do it. Just remember that you lose everything related to it so it might feel dear.