If you’ve ever had the panic of posting to Facebook a comment you didn’t want to post, then you know how important it is to know how to delete a comment on Facebook.
It’s very easy to delete or edit a comment on Facebook, but the method you use varies depending on where you posted your comment. It also depends on how you want to delete your own or someone else’s comment on any of your posts.
There are many reasons why you may want to delete your own or someone else’s comment on a Facebook post.
- You realized that your Facebook comment could have been frowned upon and you want to delete it so you don’t hurt anyone.
- People misunderstood what you posted and you’d rather delete it entirely.
- After further research, you discovered that something you posted is incorrect.
- You got into trouble for a comment you posted on Facebook and you need to delete it or suffer consequences.
- You received a lot of negative replies to your comment and you want to remove the entire conversation from Facebook.
- A third-party app or website that you are using automatically posted something on your wall and you didn’t want it.
Remember, if you delete a comment that many people have replied to, it will delete all of those replies as well. If you don’t want to remove replies from Facebook, you can consider editing your comment rather than deleting it.
In most cases, deleting a comment on Facebook only takes a quick step or two.
- If you posted a comment on your own or someone else’s post, just select the three dots to the right of your comment and choose ” Remove ” from the drop-down menu.
Each time you delete a comment or a message, you must select again Remove in a confirmation message that asks if you are sure you want to delete it.
- If you want to edit a comment you’ve made on one of your posts or someone else’s, the procedure is almost the same as deleting a post on Facebook. Select the three dots to the right of your comment and choose ” Edit ” from the drop-down menu.
- If you’ve created your own post on your wall, on someone else’s wall, or in a Facebook group, you can delete that post in the same way. The only difference is that the option to delete the message from Facebook is further down the list. Select the three dots in the upper right corner of the message you want to delete and select the option Remove at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- You can edit the same message using the same approach. Just select the three dots in the upper right corner of the message and choose ” Edit message ”at the top of the drop-down menu.
You can only edit comments someone else has posted on Facebook if the comment was made on one of your posts or in a Facebook group or page that you manage.
Use the following instructions to delete or edit someone else’s Facebook post.
- To delete a comment posted by someone else on one of your messages, simply select the three dots to the right of the message. Select Remove from the drop-down menu.
Keep in mind that in order to delete someone else’s comment on Facebook, the post must be a reply to one of your posts or if someone posted a post to your wall. You cannot delete someone else’s comment on someone else’s post, and you cannot delete someone else’s post on their own wall or on someone else’s wall. ‘another.
- You can delete a comment posted by someone in a group or Facebook page that you manage. The process is the same as removing someone’s comment from your personal wall. Select the three dots to the right of the comment and select Remove from the drop-down menu.
Keep in mind that you cannot edit someone’s comment, even if it’s posted on your wall or on your Facebook group or page.