In this guide, we’ll tell you how to create a full backup of your Windows 11 PC. No matter what operating system you are using, a full backup of your files is always a good idea. In Windows, you don’t need to rely on third-party applications to protect your installation and files.
The latest version of Windows – Windows 11 includes a utility that allows you to fully back up your system files and applications. You can use this backup to recover data lost due to hardware failure, upgrade issues, malware attacks, file corruption, etc.
Steps to create a full system backup of your Windows 11 PC
The backup and restore feature uses the shadow copy feature to create a system image that provides an identical copy of all your apps, settings, files, etc.
So, in this article, we will share a step by step guide on how to create a full system backup of your Windows 11.
1. First, click on Windows 11 search button and type Control Panel. Next, open the Control Panel in the list.
2. In the Control Panel, click System and security.
3. On the next screen, click File history.
4. On the next screen, click Savingsystem image located at the bottom left of the screen.
5. In the left pane, click Create a system image, as shown below.
6. In the Create System Image pop-up window, select the hard drive to save the backup. Here you can also use your USB devices. When finished, click on the button Following.
7. On the next screen, click the button. Start backup.
8. Now the backup process will begin. Depending on the file space, the time to complete the backup may vary.
That’s it! You have finished. This will complete the entire system backup process.
In this guide, you have learned how to create a full backup of your Windows 11 PC. If you also have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments. Also check this guide if you want to learn how to update drivers in Windows 11.