Creating and using an e-mail account is an essential part of using the Internet. An email account is unique to you, like a mobile phone number. Email accounts also include online data storage that you can put to good use. By creating an email address, you can also sign up for other types of online services that would require it, such as social media. This article will teach you in great detail how to create your email address with reference to the best platforms of this type.
Create a Gmail account
Gmail is one of the most popular free email services with great online help. The process for creating a new Gmail account is fairly straightforward. Go to “google.com/gmail»From your browser. You will be taken to a page where you can click on “Create an account”.
- Fill in the information requested in the various fields of the form presented to you.
- Click on “Next”.
- You will be asked to enter your phone number. Do not hesitate to do so, because the creation of an account requires it.
- Then click on “Next”.
- This action will take you to the next interface through which Google will verify that the previously entered phone number is yours. Enter the code you will have received.
- Click “Validate” for confirmation. If you have not received one, you can either try again or use the “Phone call” option.
- When you successfully complete the previous steps, Google will take note of your phone number and associate it with your account. In the next step, it will ask you to fill in some information that will help recover your account in case of problems. This will give you the option of providing an additional phone number or a recovery email address. However, these options are optional. On the other hand, you will have to enter your date of birth and your gender.
- Then click on “Next” to confirm your insertions.
- The following page will determine the degree of involvement of your phone number in your activities on Google. Here, you are free to choose to accept, modify or refuse the proposals made.
After that you will be taken to the home interface of your GMAIL inbox. From there, you’ll be able to manage your email messages like a pro.
Create Outlook Account
Microsoft bought Hotmail in 1996. The email service underwent several name changes including MSN, Hotmail, and Windows Live Hotmail before it became Outlook in 2013. Note, however, that it is still possible to get a new email address. to “Hotmail.com” when you go through the Outlook.com registration process.
An Outlook.com email account offers all the features you would expect from an email client. In addition, it includes:
- a targeted inbox for your most important emails;
- text formatting features to personalize your outgoing emails;
- an option to pin important messages to the top of your inbox;
- the ability to schedule messages to return to your inbox at a specific time.
Outlook also adds travel itineraries and flight plans from email to your calendar. It attaches files from Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Bos. You can even edit Microsoft Office files from your inbox.
Process to create an Outlook account
First, open your favorite web browser and go to Outlook.com and select “Create Free Account”.
- Enter a username in the portion of the address before “@ outlook.com”.
- Select the drop-down arrow at the far right of the username field to change the “Outlook.com” domain to “hotmail.com” or “outlook.fr” depending on your preference.
- Then click on “Next”.
- Enter a password in the required field (remember to choose a secure password).
- Select “Next” after having read and ticked the boxes provided according to your preferences.
You will now have to continue the process of creating accounts. So do well to:
- Enter your first and last name in the fields provided.
- Select “Next”.
- Choose your country / region.
- Define your date of birth.
- Select “Next”.
- Enter the contents of the CAPTCHA image to confirm that you are not a bot trying to hack the system. You can use the audio option by clicking on the “Audio file” button.
- Then click on “Next” to proceed with the verification.
- And that’s all ! Outlook will configure your account and ask you if you want to stay connected in this browser (choose “yes” or “no”).
If you’ve followed the above guidelines carefully, you’ll come across the Outlook user interface, ready to use your new inbox.
Create a Yahoo Mail account
A Yahoo Mail account also offers several features. It offers a calendar, notepad, address book, 1TB of online storage and can be used to manage other email accounts including Gmail and Outlook. If this is the account you want to create, here is the process to make it happen without any hassle.
- Fill out the proposed form appropriately. It contains fields for entering your first name, last name, desired email address, password and some other necessary information.
- Click on “Acknowledge” as soon as you have filled in the required fields.
- You will be presented with a request to confirm your phone number. Here, you will have to confirm your phone number first;
- Then click on “Send me a verification code by SMS”.
- While you are redirected to a code confirmation page, said code will be sent to you on your phone. Please enter it in the appropriate box, without errors.
- Now click on “Authenticate”.
- If the code is correct, Yahoo will let you know by saying “Operation successful”. You can then click on “Done” to access the messaging application.