In this guide, we are going to tell you how to set up picture password in Windows 11. The latest versions of Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems give you several ways to log into your PC. While installing Windows, we were asked to set a password.
Although password protection is the preferred sign-in option, users can choose other ways to sign in to their PC. If we are talking about the latest operating system from Microsoft – Windows 11, the operating system allows you various connection options.
For example, you can use PIN code protection to log into your PC. Likewise, you can also use a picture password. Picture password offers an easier way to log in than remembering and typing a long password.
It is quite easy to set up picture password in Windows 10 and Windows 11. So if you want to set up picture password in Windows 11, you are reading the right guide.
How to configure a picture password in Windows 11
In this article, we will share a step by step guide on how to set up picture password in Windows 11. Let’s see.
1. First, click on the Windows 11 Start button and select Settings.
2. On the Settings page, click the option Accounts, as shown in the screenshot below.
3. In the right pane, click connection options.
4. On the next page, click the option Image password.
5. Then click on the button. Add located under the image password.
6. Now you will be asked to verify your account. To do this, enter your Current Password and click on the button OK.
7. In the left pane, click the button. Choose an image and select the image you want to set.
8. On the next screen, click on the button. Use this image.
9. Now you need to draw three gestures on the picture. You can draw simple shapes on the picture. You can click anywhere in the image to create a faucet. As you draw the gesture you will see the numbers go from one to three.
10. Once drawn, you must confirm your gestures. Draw it again. For reference, you can check the gesture I drew in the picture.
That’s it! You have finished. Now press Windows key + L to lock your PC. Then you will see the Image Password screen. Here you need to draw the gestures on the photo to unlock your PC.
In this guide, you have learned how to set an image password in Windows 11. If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments. In addition, also consult this guide if you want to learn how to configure a PIN code on your Windows 11 PC.