Stop apps from running your battery
If your Apple Watch is slowing down, losing battery power quickly, or getting stuck in a program, it might be time to close a few apps. Closing apps you aren’t using gives your Apple Watch a fresh start, restores its usefulness, and helps you get back to work. Here’s a look at how to close apps on an Apple Watch quickly and easily.
The information in this article applies to Apple Watch Series 3 and later.
If you’re ready to clean up your active apps, follow these steps.
- On your Apple Watch, tap once on the side button.
- Using your finger or the digital crown, scroll through your active apps.
- Select the app you want to close and swipe from right to left. Press the big red X to close the application.
When an app freezes on your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button up until the stop screen is displayed, then press and hold the digital crown until the app closes.
You must be in the app to force it to close.
If your Apple Watch is having trouble closing an app with either of the above methods, try restarting it. There are two ways to do this:
- Hold the side button,then slide to Power Off.
- If the watch does not respond, force it to restart while holding the side button and the digital crown at the same time until it turns off.
While your Apple Watch has a companion app on the iPhone, you will need to manage the apps running on your Apple Watch directly from the laptop.