The Samsung Galaxy A12 is one of the best budget smartphones on the market. It comes with a decent processor and 3GB of RAM, which makes it capable enough to handle modern games with decent settings. However, like other Android smartphones, the Galaxy A12 may also experience issues like freezing, app crashes, and other performance issues. So if you are also having these issues, we recommend that you clear the cache as it potentially fixes these issues in most cases. In this guide you will learn how to clear the cache on Samsung Galaxy A12. Let’s start.
What is the cache?
The cache is basically the temporary data that applications store to meet future requests. It includes data such as your login information, personal preferences, and other temporary data.
What is the cache partition?
The Cache Partition is the dedicated space in memory that stores caches. Whenever an application needs to access the cache, it sends the request to the cache partition and retrieves the appropriate cache.
How to clear cache on Samsung Galaxy A12?
Now let’s move on to the cache clearing process. The whole process is very simple and you can easily do it by following the instructions.
- Press and hold the Power button until the power menu appears on the screen.
- Select the Switch off option in the menu and let the device turn off.
- Once your Galaxy A12 is off, press and hold the buttons On Off and high volume at the same time.
- Continue to hold the buttons until the Samsung logo appears.
- Now let the buttons go and Android’s Recovery mode menu will appear.
- Use the button on the low volume to access the ” Wipe Cache Partition And highlight it.
- Push the button On Off to select it.
- You will now be asked to confirm your action. Select ” Yes »Using the button on the low volume and confirm it with the button On Off.
- Once you confirm your action, the system will start the process and wipe the cache partition.
- When completed, the ” Reboot system now Will be highlighted. Just press the button On Off to restart the system.
- That’s it.
The system will take some time to restart the device, and when finished, you can use the device.
Is it safe to wipe cache partition?
Yes, it is quite safe to wipe cache partition because when you do so, the system will only delete temporary data.
Will I lose my data if I wipe the cache partition?
No, clearing the cache will not delete your personal data like your photos, videos, documents or apps. It will only delete temporary data, which can be downloaded later by the respective applications.
Clearing cache partition is a common task, and you should do it every now and then to keep your smartphone in good condition. You can easily clear the cache of your Galaxy A12 using our guide. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments. Also check this guide if you want to know how to take screenshot on Samsung Galaxy A12.