How to clean an apple watch band, Lose the dirt and grime accumulated during daily use
Like anything else, Apple watch are subject to wear. Every day, as you exercise, go to work, play with the kids, swim, or perform your routine, your Apple Watch continues to perform. Treat it well by cleaning it every now and then.
How to clean the Apple Watch Sport Band
The Apple Watch Sport band is popular for its comfort and durability. Due to its makeup, it requires unique care.
- Remove the sport band from your Apple Watch.
- Wipe the strip with a lint-free cloth. If you want to use water for the hard debris, lightly dampen the fabric and use it to wipe the tape down.
- Dry the band and attach it to your watch.
How to clean an Apple Watch leather band
Apple Watch Leather Bands are a great addition when you want to dress up your watch. Still, it’s important to clean them properly.
Genuine leather will show wear with age. It is important to avoid direct contact with liquids, including lotion and sunscreen, when wearing your leather band.
- Remove the leather band from your Apple Watch.
- Wipe the leather with a lint-free cloth. If you are using water, use a minimal amount on your fabric. Do not submerge the leather strip, as it is not water resistant.
- Let the band dry completely, then reattach it to your watch.
The Apple Watch itself requires periodic cleaning. Debris can collect in the nooks and crannies around the watch face, and grime can cause the screen to blur. The good news is cleaning your Apple Watch is easy.
According to Apple, it is essential that you avoid using soap, cleaners, any abrasive material, compressed air, or sources of heat of any kind when cleaning your watch.
- Make sure your Apple Watch is turned off. You will also want to remove your tape to ensure proper cleaning.
- Wipe the watch with a lint-free cloth.
- If that doesn’t do the trick, you can add a little water to the fabric and try again. Because Apple Watch is water resistant, you can hold it under a small amount of running water for 10 to 15 seconds. According to Apple, water should be warm to the touch and cool.
- To clean the digital crown, hold the watch under a small amount of running water, turning the device to loosen any debris.
- Dry the front and back of Apple Watch and replace the band. Make sure to completely dry the watch, including the space between the crown.
Proper use can help keep your Apple Watch and its band clean. For example, be sure to keep your skin as dry as possible by wiping off after a workout. It is also important to be careful when using liquids such as sunscreen and lotion around the watch.