Android is arguably one of the most popular smartphone operating systems in the world. Millions of users around the world use the Android operating system on their smartphones on a daily basis. Android is known for its tons of customization options, but today we’ll be mainly focusing on how you can change the wallpaper. If you are interested, keep reading as we will show you how to change the wallpaper on Android devices.
How to change the wallpaper on an Android device (Android stock)
Stock Android is the version that comes with almost no customization, and devices like the Pixel 5 and others come with Stock Android. The process of changing wallpapers on Android devices is quite simple and easy. Here is how you can do it.
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Now press and hold the empty space on the home screen.
- Press on Styles and backgrounds screen in the menu.
- On the next screen you will see the options from which you can choose your wallpaper.
- Select the wallpaper you want to set as the default wallpaper.
- Once selected, you will be able to adjust the positioning of the wallpaper.
- Now select where you want to set the wallpaper, lock screen, home screen or both.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the wallpaper on your Android device.
How to change the wallpaper on your Samsung Galaxy
Samsung is one of the largest smartphone companies in the world and the company offers a wide variety of smartphones in different price segments. Android versions of devices also vary depending on when they are launched, but the process of changing the wallpaper on Samsung devices is quite similar. Here is how to change the wallpaper on Samsung devices.
- Unlock your Samsung smartphone.
- Now find an empty space on the home screen.
- Press and hold on the empty space on the screen until the menu appears.
- Select option Wallpaper in the menu.
- You now have the option to choose the source of your wallpaper. You can select the wallpaper in the services My wallpapers, Gallery and Services of fscreen wave.
- We go to the section My wallpapers, where you will find a variety of pre-loaded wallpapers.
- Select the wallpaper and choose where you want it displayed: home screen, lock screen, or both.
- When you are done selecting, press Set as wallpaper.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the wallpaper of your Samsung device. This process will work for most of the latest Samsung devices. If you have an older version, the process is still similar, but it may have different wordings. Check out this section if you want detailed guides on changing the wallpaper on Samsung devices such as M51, F41, A12, Note 20 and others.
How to change the wallpaper on Huawei devices
Huawei is another major player in the smartphone industry and the company is known for its quality smartphones. The company offers different versions of Android for its smartphone, but the process of changing the wallpaper is somewhat similar. Here is how to change the wallpaper on Android devices.
- Unlock your Huawei smartphone.
- Now go to the gallery and open the photo or art you want to set as wallpaper.
- Once you’ve opened the photo, tap thethree vertical dots icon in the lower right corner.
- The drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
- Press the option Set to go.
- Now you will get various options, select wallpaper (Gallery).
- You will get the other options like adding blur, scaled wallpaper etc.
- Once you are done, set the wallpaper.
- That’s all.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the wallpaper of your Huawei device. The options may vary depending on the version of Android you have. However, the overall procedure is quite similar for all devices.
How to change the wallpaper on Android (Xiaomi / Redmi devices)
Xiaomi is one of the biggest smartphone companies in the world. It is also the parent company of Redmi, known for its super affordable smartphones. When it comes to changing the wallpaper on Xiaomi devices, the whole process is very simple and straightforward.
- Unlock your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Now find the empty space on the screen.
- Press and hold the empty space. Keep holding it until the home screen shrinks and options appear.
- Once the options appear, press Background screen.
- Here you will find the different sources from which you can choose wallpaper. Besides, you will also get recent wallpapers.
- Select the wallpaper of your choice and press Apply.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the wallpaper of your Xiaomi devices.
How to change the wallpaper on LG devices
LG is known for its high-end, quality smartphones with impressive features. However, the process of changing the wallpaper on LG devices is also quite similar to that of other Android devices. Here is how to change the wallpaper of your LG smartphones.
- Open them settings from your smartphone.
- Now scroll down and navigate to the section Wallpaper and Themes.
- Tap on more wallpapers and it will reveal all available wallpapers.
- Select the wallpaper you want and the system will show you the wallpaper preview for the home screen and lock screen. If you want, you can turn off the lock screen and home screen options.
- When the selection is complete, press Set the wallpaper.
- That’s all.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the wallpaper of your LG device. LG is known for its slow updates, so it’s possible that if you have an older device the steps will vary depending on your Android version. However, the overall process is very similar. So take a look around in the settings, and you will find the relevant steps.
In this comprehensive guide, you have learned how to change the wallpaper on Android devices from different smartphone companies such as LG, Huawei, Xiaomi, and Google. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments. Also, if you want to learn how to take screenshot on Android, check out this guide.