Amazon’s Alexa is already very useful, but you can make it even more valuable by giving it more information about yourself.
A big part of this is making sure he knows what time it is. This is usually taken care of during setup, but if you’re moving or taking your device somewhere you might want to do all of this manually.
How do you do that? We got you.
The easiest way to change the time zone is in the Alexa app. It works for any Echo device you have on your network, from the Echo Dot to the Echo Studio.
1) Press More in the lower bar.
2) Press Settings.
3) Choose Device settings.
4) Choose your Echo device.
5) Under General, tap Time zone.
6) Choose your country and time zone.
Congratulations, you’ve changed your time zone on an Echo smart speaker and made it even easier to use. You are a bit like a time traveler, but without the time machine.
There is another way to change the time zone on an echo with a display, like a show or spot, with this handy touchscreen. Here’s how to do it.
1) Slide your finger from the top to the bottom.
2) Press the Settings tooth.
3) Scroll down and choose Device options.
4) Press Date and hour.
5) Click Time zone and choose yours.