Huawei P40 Pro is the premium smartphone with OLED display and super high screen resolution, which delivers crisp display. However, this comes at the expense of average battery life as it requires a lot of power to function properly. Huawei allows you to reduce the screen resolution, which results in battery life. In this guide, you will learn how to change the screen resolution on Huawei P40 Pro.
How to change the screen resolution on Huawei P40 Pro
The whole process of changing screen resolution on Huawei P40 is very simple and easy. You can easily do that by following these instructions.
- Unlock your Huawei P40 pro.
- Swipe up from the top of the P40 Pro screen and tap the gear icon in the top right corner to access Settings.
- Once you are in the settings, navigate to Display and brightness and press it.
- Now press Screen resolution.
- Here is the list of all available screen resolutions that you can choose from.
How to activate smart screen resolution on Huawei P40 Pro
Smart Screen Resolution is a very useful feature on Huawei P40 that allows the device to choose the right screen resolution based on factors like your battery level and more. We recommend that you enable smart screen resolution if you don’t want to manually change your screen resolution. Here’s how to enable smart screen resolution on Huawei P40.
- Unlock your Huawei P40 Pro.
- Now go to the home screen, find the app of settings and press it.
- Find the section Display and brightness and press it.
- Go to Screen resolution and press it.
- Now look for the intelligent resolution and activate it.
Now your P40 Pro will choose the right screen resolution and you don’t have to worry about changing the screen resolution anymore.
What is the default screen resolution of the Huawei P40 Pro?
Huawei P40 comes with a default screen resolution of 2640 x 1200 pixels.
Does lowering screen resolution improve battery life?
Yes, reducing the screen resolution improves battery life. When you lower the screen resolution, the display uses low power and hence you will get better performance.
What is the correct screen resolution for my Huawei P40 Pro?
The idea of a “correct” screen resolution is totally subjective and varies from person to person. For example, if you have used your smartphone with FHD resolution in the past, it will be very difficult for you to use it at 720p due to lower resolution. So choose whatever resolution you’re comfortable with.
In this guide, you have learned how to change screen resolution on Huawei P40. We have also explained the process you can use to enable smart screen resolution on your smartphone. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments section below. Also check this guide if you want to know how to improve the battery life on Huawei P40 Pro.