Over 100 different languages are available
What there is to know
- Go to parameters of the language> Facebook language > Edit > Show Facebook in this language > choose language> Save changes.
- To cancel, go to language and region > Facebook language > Edit > Show Facebook in this language > select the language> Save changes.
This article explains how to change and undo language changes on Facebook. Instructions apply to any web browser, Android, and iOS apps.
Choose a different language to use on Facebook
It’s easy to change the language in which Facebook displays text. Just go to your account settings.
- Select the arrow(account)on the right side of the Facebook menu bar.
- Select Settings & Privacy.
- Choose settings.
- Choose language and region in the left pane of the menu.
- In the section Facebook language, select Edit.
- Select the Show Facebook in this language drop-down menu, and choose a different language.
- Select Save the changes to apply the new language to Facebook.
Change facebook language on android
If you are using Facebook on an Android device, either through a web browser or the official app, you can change the language from the menu button.
These instructions do not apply to Facebook Lite.
- Press on the menu button.
- Scroll to down for settings and privacy, and press to expand the menu.
- Select Language.
- Select your new language from the list.
Choose the language of the device to view Facebook in any language your phone uses.
By default, the Facebook app automatically uses whatever language your iPhone uses. You can change this setting, but you do it outside of the app. Open thesettings, then scroll down to Facebook. Select Language,then choose the language you want.
Have you changed Facebook to a language you don’t understand? You can translate Facebook into your preferred language, even if you don’t understand any of the menus or settings.
One option is to run Facebook through a translator service so that the entire site translates to English on the fly, with the intention of making things easier to read. However, it doesn’t always work so well, plus it’s not permanent.
Regardless of the language, Facebook has the same format, so you can navigate if you know where the right buttons and menus are. Here is an example where Facebook is in Brazilian Portuguese.
- Go to settings of language.
- In the section Facebook language, select Edit (this will be in the current language you set).
- Select the Facebook display in this language drop-down menu and find your language. Then select Save the changes to save the change.