Siri can be a lady or a man, or even speak with different accents. If you want to hear the personal assistant differently, we tell you how to change the voice of Siri whether on iPhone, Mac or HomePod, the new connected speaker from the Cupertino company.
By default, Siri has a female voice. She sounds great and is one of the most natural in the personal assistant rank. But if Siri is associated with a female character, it is quite possible to configure the assistant on a male voice and even to change his accent (Quebecer or French). The process is different depending on whether you want to do it on an iPhone / iPad, a Mac, or a HomePod.
How to change Siri voice on iPhone?
If you’re using an iPhone, you can easily find the option to change Siri’s voice in Settings.
- Go to Settings > Siri and search.
- Activate Siri, if not yet.
- Go in Siri’s voice and choose the desired voice (Accent and genre).
How to change Siri voice on Mac?
- Go to the System Preferences … from macOS.
- Click on Siri.
- Choose the default language and then the gender of Siri’s voice (male or female).
- A third option Vocal feedback allows you to decide whether Siri responds to you by voice or only by text in the assistant window.
How to change Siri’s voice on HomePod?
The process to change Siri’s voice on HomePod is practically the same as that of iPhone and iPad, only that the operation is done in the app instead. House.
- On your iOS device, open the Home app, tap and hold HomePod, and select Settings.
- You will find options to choose how you address Siri, as well as change the language and voice for the assistant.
And there you have it, now you know how to change Siri voice on your Apple devices.