Instagram is a great platform if you are trying to promote your business or just share cute photos of your puppy. Instagram stories are a great way to reach a large audience, but you need to make sure that your stories are well articulated in fact. In this article, we are going to talk about how to change background color on Instagram Story with Photo. Let’s get started!
In this article, we will see how you can adjust your background on your Instagram story. A good background can make or break your Insta story! There are different ways to create an Instagram story, and that’s what we’ll cover as well. Read on to find out more about it!
When you share a post to your Story, Instagram automatically sets a background color. This is based on the general color of the post you are sharing. So if you are sharing a post that has a lot of greenery in it, your background will be set to a shade of green.
- If you want to change this background, just follow this simple guide.
- When you have shared the post in your story, just click the “Draw” button in the top panel
- Now choose the ‘Sharpie’ tool. Click on the color you want to set as the background in the palette at the bottom.
- Then press and hold your finger anywhere on the background. Your background will then take the selected color.
Most often, users tend to create an Instagram story just by clicking on a photo of something using the Instagram camera page. However, did you know that even when you click on a photo, you can pinch to zoom out on the photo, leaving a background behind it as well?
Well, this is where it gets interesting. Although Instagram does not allow you to change this background, there is a trick you can use to set a fun filter for your photo!
Note: The photo and background are completely covered with the selected color.
In order to set a colored filter, pinch your photo to reveal your background (if you like).
Now just click on the “Draw” button in the top panel and choose the “Highlighter” tool. Then select a color from the bottom palette. Now click and hold your finger anywhere on the screen. You should see the screen covered with the selected color and your photo visible below!
When you repost someone else’s story, you are automatically assigned a background color. In order to match the content of the shared story. Similar to the storyline above, Instagram basically mixes this story into the background; it means that you cannot set a specific background for the image.
You can use the above method to set an opaque filter on the whole image. However, this would restrict what can be seen. Your best bet, in this case, is to do some rustic coloring around the edge of the story as well. You can even use the color picker to select a color to accentuate the story!
Press the “Draw” button in the top panel and choose the “Effects” tool. Choose a color that you want to set as the background for the story. If you want to pick a color from the story itself, click on the “Color Picker” and adjust the slider accordingly.
Now slide your finger along the edge of the story to color the background. You can use multiple colors if you think they go well with your story.
Another way to create an Instagram story is to simply use an image from your gallery. This is more common with creators who heavily edit their stories before they even bring them to the app. You can add an image to your Instagram story by swiping the camera screen and choosing the image.
- Unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t allow you to set this background either. But, there is a fun workaround you can try! This method is called “Image Reveal”.
- When you have your image, hit the “Draw” button in the top panel and select the “Sharpie” tool. Now choose a color you want to set as the background from the palette below.
- Tap and hold anywhere on the screen. You will also notice that the whole screen takes on this color.
- Do not worry! We will now use the ‘Eraser’ tool to erase the image you added previously. This leaves the color as the new background!
- This is what the final story will look like! How much of your image you want to show is up to you.
Instagram Story Background Templates
Did you know that you don’t need to spend half an hour creating the perfect background for your Instagram story? There are dozens of websites that can do this for you too! These websites have predefined templates that you upload your image to as well. Some of them even allow you to modify certain elements of the model.
So, check out some of our favorite sites for Instagram story templates:
Best apps for Instagram story templates
These apps not only provide templates for your Instagram story, but they even let you customize and create your own using their tools!
Okay, that was all folks! I hope you enjoy this article and that it is useful to you as well. Give us your opinion on it. Also, if you have other questions and issues related to this article. So let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a nice day!