If you are not interested in using Audible and want to cancel your Audible subscription then you have come to the right place, let’s read more on how to cancel Audible subscription.
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to listen to your favorite book?
Well, that feels good. But let me tell you that a book is always a lot of fun when you read it and don’t listen to it. Listening to such a person helps to retain him for a long time. But reading helps to understand it better.
So, if you are one of the avid readers, Audible won’t be worth it for you. Listening to a book saves you as much time as you do. But it feels like cheating on the real book by listening to it through a device. So if you are also one of those who have taken the Audible free trial and you are not happy with it. So let me tell you, you’ve landed on the right page. Because today in this article we are going to tell you how to cancel Audible.
But before we get to that, let’s learn a bit more about Audible so that you can get a clear idea about it. Let’s take a look.
What is Audible?
Amazon Audible is a service that operates on a monthly subscription basis. It provides users with excellent access to a huge database of audiobooks. You get access and support to play audiobooks through the audible app.
They also offer members a monthly credit. This credit could be used to purchase audio books. Over time, users can accumulate a huge library of audiobooks.
Now let me tell you the most distinct thing about audible. It is that once you buy a book in audible, you can keep that audiobook with you forever unlike any other audiobook app. This is the best part of it.
You can get a lot of knowledge out of it. It’s a good app, but in my opinion reading a book is better than listening to it. This helps you better understand the history and content of the book. So if you are also a basic reader like me then you should be looking to unsubscribe to Audible.
First of all, you can sign up for a free audible trial in which you will get a free audiobook. The audiobook can be part of the collection of classic or even audible originals.
As soon as your trial is over, if you’re happy with it, you can purchase a monthly subscription for it. To get the subscription, you need to sign in with your Amazon account in audible.
The best part is that each month, the audible offers you a monthly credit. This credit could be used to purchase audible audiobooks in different categories including romance, tech, social media, fashion, commercials and more.
Moreover, if you want to listen to more audiobooks, you can just buy the audible credit or you have the option to pay per audiobook as well.
Another awesome thing about audible is that on the first Friday of every month a user can download two of the six audible originals. The best part is that they don’t cost you any credit. You keep these audios with you forever.
If you are fed up with it and looking to cancel your subscription, even then you can keep any audiobooks that you have already purchased after canceling your subscription. You can use the audible audiobooks anywhere, anytime using the app for your phone, Alexa device, Windows, or Mac.
Now that you know how Audible works. If you still haven’t found it worth it and are looking to cancel your Audible subscription. Then you can just do it by following the step by step guide below.
Reasons for canceling Audible subscription:
Some of the reasons behind canceling Audible membership are
- Audible’s monthly subscription is expensive for a single monthly credit.
- Audible’s recommendation system does not provide enough headlines for the user’s needs.
Large and good collection of books:
Audible is the service to users by selling the best and largest collection of books to customers. The storytelling of books and novels and all the material is always in the first place, this is one of the great features of Audible.
Pace of books:
The Audible app is available in all versions of device systems such as iOS, Android, Linux and Windows. All of this provides the great quality book service with the Audible app. you can put them in order, then read them to finish one book, then move on to the next.
Audio book :
The most amazing feature is that audio of books can be purchased and the app provides audio version of books and you have to pay for it. For new users, the app will offer you free audiobook service. But you have to pay for the next one.
If the user made a mistake and go for the new one, the bad one you bought will be refunded and the money will be refunded to the customer, then they can use it for the next purchase so that the app is very safe.
The price is too lower compared to all other alternatives and the price is RS 199 and the 1st month is free. Then after the free trial you have to pay the rest. So reading the books can be a lazy thing, which is the reason why this Audible will have the special feature of audio.
So these are the vital features of Audible that have made the app so popular and the most popular among Amazon products.
- The very first thing you need to do is open the audible website.
- Now open the account detail page on your audible website.
- Now find the account settings section and tap on it.
- There you will see an option that specifies “Cancel my subscription”. So you just have to tap on it.
- There you will see onscreen instructions for you to follow.
Another important point that you should keep in mind is if you have any pending credit. Then you need to use it first before canceling your subscription. Because if you cancel your subscription then all your credit will disappear.
But like I said above, if you buy the audiobook, it will stay with you even after you cancel your subscription. I therefore recommend that you use all your credit before canceling your subscription.
Plus, a good thing about audible is that audiobooks are tradeable as well. If you don’t like a title, you also have the option of swapping it for another. So you can easily listen to the books you like the most.
- He has a huge selection of audiobooks.
- Contains a lot of original titles.
- The user can keep the purchased book even if they cancel the Audible subscription.
- It syncs perfectly with other Audible apps and purchases with iTunes and Google Reads.
- Offers a wide selection of free content.
- It also has the Amazon Household library which allows users to share audiobooks between devices.
- Offers a discount to members for the purchase of additional books.
- It provides full abridged versions of many books at a reasonable price.
- Audible has a refund facility, it is applicable for the book purchased within one year.
- The user is allowed to put their subscription on hold for a certain time, you need to set the time and also change the listening speed.
- Provides perfect bookmarking.
- It has Bluetooth speaker connectivity, so you can play audiobooks from popular narrators, actors and actresses.
- After one year, the unused membership expires.
- Unused credits may disappear whenever the user can cancel the membership.
- Audiobooks are more expensive than hard copies or e-books.
- Compared to amazon.com or competing book sites, amazon Audible tiles are sometimes more expensive.
- Unable to distribute the books, it takes up more space while downloading the book to the device.
- Due to some contractual restrictions, users cannot purchase the books directly from the Audible app.
- Based on readability, it increases the cost of the book.
Amazon Audible Alternatives:
The best Amazon Audible alternatives are
- Libby app by Overdrive.
- To babble
- Kobo Books.
- Google Play Books.
- Boom audio book.
So here is the complete step-by-step guide on How to Cancel Audible. No doubt it is very easy to do this if you don’t like it. Well, I totally understand how fun it is to listen to your favorite book. But reading it yourself has a great feeling in itself. Reading is much better than listening to it.
So if you also don’t find it comfortable to listen to the book and are looking to read it only. So, just by following the step by step guide above, you can just cancel your subscription. It’s all about my side on How to Cancel Audible. Now you can just unsubscribe without encountering any problem for sure.
It’s all worth it because audible is not as effective as having a copy of your favorite book that you can flip through on a screen or using a tablet.
Myself Naveena, introducing myself for the first time in this profession, I am so fascinated to write technology-based articles and willing to write the exhibition topics and narratives and my main intention is to provide and share the knowledge to users by interacting with them on various technologies, I like to cook, garden and travel.