Tired of receiving calls from unknown, hidden or unwanted numbers on your iPhone? Here is a simple and complete little tutorial to allow you to block them by default.
You have a iPhone, are on one or more mailing lists, and you constantly receive incoming calls from hidden or unknown numbers ? Rest assured. There are several easy solutions to bypass or block them on iOS, Apple’s smartphone operating system.
Block an anonymous call on iPhone
Here is the procedure for block unknown call on iPhone. However, this process requires doing it for each call you have already received. This will prevent the unwanted number from reaching you in the future. Here is how to do it.
- Open the app Phone on your iPhone
- Press the “i” button circled in blue and located to the right of the incoming number you want to block
- Select Block this correspondent.
Silence incoming calls from strangers by default
You can, if you wish, silence stranger calls by default. Here is the procedure.
- Go to the app Settings on your iPhone
- Go to Silent stranger calls
More ways to block unwanted calls on iPhone
While the functionality of blocking unknown numbers remains limited on iOS, there are third-party apps and other solutions to help you. Here they are. You can :
- Use the service of the Ministry of the Economy, Industry and Digital Bloctel
- Use the third-party app Truecaller available for free on the App Store.
That’s it for this tutorial. Find another tutorial dedicated to the iPhone: how to unlock your iPhone with a mask and Face ID?