TikTok has become so popular lately that it takes a lot of creativity to stay ahead of the pack. Making videos with multiple songs is a great way to stand out from other content creators.
In this article, we’ll show you how you can add two or more songs to your TikTok video to make them more interesting and engaging clips.
Prepare the songs
The first thing to do is find the songs you want to add to your TikTok video. Then you will need to save them. Most mobile devices should have a screen recording feature that can do the trick. Newer iOS devices have a screen recorder under the Control Center, and most Android phones come with screen recording apps as well. If your phone does not have this feature, you can install a screen recording application for your phone. You can also use a PC to retrieve these videos for you.
Keep in mind that TikTok videos have a limit of 15 or 60 seconds, so enter the song length appropriately.
Once you have a screen recorder ready, open a video of a song either on YouTube or another video streaming site. Save these captures to your phone or transfer them to a PC for editing.
TikTok itself has very limited video editing tools. If you want to add two or more songs to a video, you will need to edit them together using a third party app. There are many, for a phone or even a PC. What is needed is that the application you are using be able to stitch videos together so that you can make a continuous clip with more than one song.
Using a mobile application has the advantage of not requiring the transfer of the video from your computer to your phone. The advantage of a PC is that it has better editing tools. Choose what you want. The most important thing is that the application you are using can cut and paste the clips together.
If you are on Android you can try VidTrim, or Easy VideoCutter, which are highly rated on the Google Play store. If you are on iOS you can try InShot. Windows 10 and the Mac already come with Apple’s Video Editor app and iMovie, respectively. If you have a favorite video editor, feel free to use it.
Combine everything on TikTok
Once you are done making a streaming clip with multiple songs, you can now use it as a background for a new TikTok video. To do this, follow the following steps:
- If you are using a PC editor, make sure that the clip in which you combined the songs is saved on your mobile device.
- Open TikTok and tap the + icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Download to the right of the Save button.
- Choose the clip in which you have combined your songs and press following.
- Tap on Next. You can check here if the clip you edited was loaded correctly. Once you are sure, tap Next again.
- You’ll only be using the audio from that clip, so it would be good to keep it private. To do this, tap Who can see this video, then tap Private.
- Tap on Post.
- Return to your profile by clicking on the “Me” icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- If you have made the video private, tap on the lock icon to see your private videos, otherwise it will be on the album. Tap on the downloaded video.
- When the video plays, you will see a spinning icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Tap on it.
- Touch Add to favorites, then touch OK. The audio clip is now saved for you to use on a new TikTok video.
- Make a TikTok video. Use the + button on the screen below to bring up the recording screen. Tap Save, then tap the checkmark when you’re done.
- Tap on the Sounds icon in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Favorites tab.
- Tap on your video clip that contains the multiple songs you want to use.
- If you want to edit the clip, just tap the screen above the menu. You can adjust volume, mute audio and video, add voice effect or add filters.
- When you are done, tap Next. Then select the display options. Tap Publish to download the video. Your multi-song TikTok clip is now available to everyone.
A great way to express creativity
Making TikTok videos is a great way to express your creativity to the world. Making videos with more than one song will make it interesting for the viewer and give you more creative options. Even the smallest of differences can be enough to set you apart from the rest.
Do you have any other tips and tricks for adding two or more songs to a TikTok video? Let us know your thoughts in the “Comments” section below.