Want to add page numbers to a Google Docs document? It’s very easy. In this tutorial, we will see how to do it, whether you are on a computer or smartphone.
When working on a more or less voluminous document, adding page numbers is essential to find your way easily. You are working on a document Google docs and want to number its pages, it’s just as easy as page numbering in Word.
How to number the pages of a Google Docs document?
Google Docs gives users the option of placing numbers at the top or bottom of the page. Here is how to do it on a computer and on a smartphone (Android, iPhone).
To add page numbers from a PC:
- Open Google docs on a web browser
- Navigate to the document you want to number
- At the top, in the toolbar, click Insertion and then hover over Page number and choose the positioning of the numbers.
The first option allows you to display the numbers from the first page at the top right. The second next to it adds the numbers at the top right, but starts with the second page (the first is considered a cover page).
The third option allows you to display the numbers at the bottom right, and the fourth allows you to do the same, but considering the first page of the document as a cover page, therefore unnumbered.
Add page numbers from a smartphone
The process is almost the same:
- Open the app Google docs on your mobile device and open a document.
- Tap the icon in the form of a pencil at the bottom right
- Press the + at the top of the toolbar
- From the options that appear at the bottom, choose Page number
- Select a numbering layout.
So. You now know how to number pages. And to go further, do not hesitate to consult our other tutorial on how to put a page in landscape mode on Google Docs.