Easily adjust the background colors of your instincts
Instagram stories that use photos or videos are by far the most popular, but sometimes using simple text on a basic background is much more effective at communicating what you have in mind and making a connection. with your followers. Here’s everything you need to know about how to add a solid background color to your next Instastory, change the background color, and use a pattern or image instead.
Using a color background in an Instagram Story can be done natively in the iOS and Android Instagram apps. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Instagram app and tap the icon of thecamera to compose a new story.
- From the bottom menu, select Create.
- Touch the icon small circle in the lower right corner to cycle through the available background color options. Tap the camera icon to take a photo and have it appear behind your colored background with a 50% transparency effect.
- Type sure to grab and type a message as usual. Your color options are limited by the font style used for your text.
- When the input option is active, press the upper center button to cycle through the different font styles. It also allows changing the background color options.
- After each change of the font style, touch the icon shaped like a small circle to display additional colored backgrounds.
- When you’re ready, tap any unused space to confirm your text and minimize the keyboard.
- Now you can add additional text and gifs to your Instagram story. You will also add music to your Instagram story.
- Type your story when you are ready to publish it.
If you want to use something a little more vibrant than a solid color background in your Instagram Story, you can change the background color to a pattern by uploading your own custom image.
Here’s how to use a custom image as a background in an Instagram story:
- Open the Instagram app and tap the icon of thecamera to start a new Instagram story.
- Swipe across the screen. This opens a photo gallery in the Instagram app.
- Find and touch the image you want to use as a wallpaper for Instagram Story. If necessary, use two fingers to resize the image to fill the entire screen.
- Add text, gifs, stickers or music to your Instagram story.
- Tap on your story to publish it. Your new Instagram is now visible on your feed.