Although Microsoft recently released Windows 11, Windows 10 is still the best desktop operating system. If you’ve been using Windows 10 for a while, you might know that the operating system comes with a wide range of features.
Even Windows 10 has a separate section that lets you turn the features you need on or off. These are called Optional Features and are available through the Windows Features page of Control Panel.
So, in this article, we will discuss the optional features and how toactivate optional features on your system. Let’s check.
What are the optional features of Windows 10?
Optional features were basically features that you can choose to enable if you want to. Some optional features were more intended for experienced users and IT administrators, while others were intended for regular users.
There is no point in activating these optional features until you know what you are doing. This is why Microsoft has chosen to hide it from regular users.
Steps to add or remove optional features in Windows 10
If you want to enable the optional features of Windows 10, here are some simple steps you can take.
1. First, click on the button. Start Windows 10 and select Settings.
2. On the Settings page, click Applications as shown below.
3. In the Applications option, click Optional features.
4. Now you will see a list of all installed features. You can delete some if you want.
5. To add a new feature, click on the button. Add a feature.
6. This will bring up a window where you will need to check the box for any feature you want to install. When you’re ready, click the button again. To install.
That’s it! You have finished. This is how you can enable optional features in Windows 10.
In this guide, you learned how to add optional features in Windows 10. If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments. In addition, also consult this guide if you want to learn how to uninstall updates on Windows 10.