What there is to know:
- Add friends via Game Base on Playstation 5.
- Change your privacy settings in Users and Accounts> Privacy to limit access by others.
- By adding friends, it is easy to play online games together.
This article teaches you how to add friends on the PlayStation 5 as well as how to find new friends, delete friends and other tips.
Adding friends to PlayStation 5 is simple and there are a lot of good reasons to do so. Here’s what to do.
- Turn on your PS5 and press the PS button on your DualSense controller.
- Press down to go to the bottom menu.
- Select Game base.
- Scroll down and select Show all friends.
- Scroll right and select Research.
- Press towards the down for search for players.
- Type the name of the friend you want to add.
You can also add a friend through the Players You May Know section which lists mutual friends.
- Select Add one friend when you’ve found the person you want to add.
- Wait for them to accept your friend request.
Wondering what happens when someone adds you as a friend on PlayStation 5? Here’s a quick rundown of where to find the Friend Request.
- Select Game base.
- Select Show all friends.
- Select Friend requests.
- Any requests that someone has made to add you, or a request that you have made to someone else, will appear here, allowing you to add or cancel.
PlayStation friendships don’t have to be one-sided or overwhelming. Here’s how to change your privacy settings so that you always feel in control.
These settings are set up automatically when you set up your PlayStation 5 for the first time, but it’s helpful to know how to change them at a later date.
- On your PlayStation 5, click Settings.
- Click on Users and Accounts.
- Click on Confidentiality.
- Click on View and customize your privacy settings.
A faster method may be to choose adjust privacy settings by choosing a profile that gives you predefined privacy options.
- Change your settings to suit how you want your business to be online.
Reasons to add Playstation friends
New to game console or just haven’t played one since before the Internet? You might be wondering why you even want to have friends on your PlayStation 5. There are a few good reasons.
- You’ll always have people to play with online. It’s possible to play online multiplayer games with strangers, but it’s never as fun as playing with a buddy. Team up with a friend and you will have a lot more fun and generally be more successful too.
- You have someone to talk to. It’s easy to have a party with a friend on your PlayStation 5 and just chat while the two of you are playing different games. It’s a great way to socialize from home.
- You can combine your efforts. Some games offer online achievements that are just much easier to complete with teamwork. Having a group of friends ready to team up with means you can easily do it whenever it’s convenient.