Say goodbye to entering a long and complicated password with characters, letters and numbers in combination to log in and sign in to your Windows 10, and instead use a PIN just like on your phone!
If you are on Windows 10, you are probably using a Microsoft account to log in but with a very long, complicated password and with numbers, letters and special characters to make it harder for hackers and software. who can guess your password at any time using techniques and malware and therefore have control of your Microsoft account and all related services at once (Outlook, Xbox, OneDrive… etc).
This is a reason therefore to keep this password and leave it aside and define just and only a PIN code that will be used to open a session and connect to your Windows 10 without the need to re-enter your Microsoft password. .
In this guide, we will explain the steps to follow for this as well as the steps to modify or delete this code on Windows 10.
How to add a PIN code to your Windows 10
To create a PIN code that you will use to connect to your Windows 10 and open your session without typing the password, follow these steps:
1. Open Windows 10 Settings (Start, then Settings)
2. Then click on ” Accounts “
3. Then click or select ” Connection options “.
4. In the right window, you have two possibilities or two options, the first is to change your Windows 10 password and the second that interests us in this article is for create a PIN code to use instead of passwords and which will be asked when you sign in to Windows, applications, and services.
Under the section ” Pin code », Click on Add
5. Now enter a 4-digit pin code and then validate with the “OK” button.
There you have it, you’ve created a PIN for your Windows 10, to use the next time you log into Windows 10 instead of your regular password.
To modify or delete this PIN code, simply follow steps 1 to 3 of this article then click on Edit to modify it or Remove to remove it.