Find your friends and create groups on the chat app for gamers
Discord is a free and popular voice and text chat app for gamers. But if you want to get the most out of this gamer communication app then you need to add your friends to it. There are actually several ways to add people to Discord, including through their profile and user search.
For the purposes of this guide, the instructions that follow show how to add friends on Discord using the desktop web browser version of the Discord Server Dashboard. While the Discord app is available for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux devices, the web browser version instructions should be enough to explain how to add friends on Discord regardless of your operating system.
The fastest way to add people to Discord is to find your friends using their Discord user tag.
- Log into your Discord account through thelogin screen of the web browserDiscord application.
- On your Discord account dashboard page, select Friends, located on the left side of the screen. The Friends menu should open towards the right side of your screen.
- At the top of the menu, select Add friends. This will open a window with a large search box where you can search for your friends by their username, also known as DiscordTag.
- In the large search box, type the DiscordTag of the person you want to add. When you are done typing, select Send a friend request, located at the end of the search box.
The DiscordTag should consist of a case-sensitive username, a square (#), and finally your friend’s 4-digit number.
If you haven’t found your friends using search, you can try adding people through their Discord profile, but certain conditions apply.
Before going any further, it is important to note that with this particular method, you will not be able to add a friend through their profile if they are not already on your Discord server or if you are not already reached. to his server. You should already have at least one server in common, preferably your own server.
- Log into your Discord app account through the web browser’s login page.
- On your account dashboard screen, on the far left of the screen, select your profile icon, which is located just below the home screen icon (which is actually the Discord logo).
- By selecting your profile icon, you should open your server dashboard. On the far right of this screen is your discussion list. The person you want to add as a friend on Discord must be subscribed to this mailing list. Right-click on that person’s name, and select Profile.
- A small black dialog box should open and display your friend’s profile summary. Select Send a friend request.
How to Add People in Discord: One-Click Adds
You can also add someone to Discord if you’ve been in a chat with them before. It’s a quick way to connect with people you already talk to.
- Log in to your Discord account through the web browser’s login page.
- Select your profile icon, which is on the far left of the screen, below the Home icon.
- Now go to your discussion list, which is on the far right of the screen. Right click on the person from your mailing list you want to add.
- From the menu that appears, select Add a friend.