If your iPhone gets hot, then it may start to malfunction or even shut down completely.
To prevent this from happening, here are some very simple tips to lower the temperature of your iPhone.
What happens when an iPhone overheats?
When an iPhone is overheating, it will display a warning message telling you that it needs to cool down before use.
So that you can use your iOS again quickly, turn it off and keep it in a cooler environment. If the following effects occur then your iPhone is indeed overheating:
- The device stops charging.
- The screen dims or goes completely black.
- Your cellular data signal weakens.
- The camera flash turns off temporarily.
This situation can be a bit confusing but don’t panic, the only real downside to overheating is that you cannot use your iPhone momentarily.
What is the ideal temperature for an iPhone?
All current iPhones are designed to operate in ambient temperatures between 0 and 35 ° C.
Just be careful not to leave your iPhone outside in summer or winter.
How To Avoid Overheating Your iPhone?
Just by touching your phone you will already know if the temperature of your iOS is too high. If it is hot, then check that the conditions are really optimal before using it.
Here are some tips to prevent any risk of overheating:
- Remove the shell from your phone.
- Do not leave it in the sun.
- IPhone tends to heat up if used for too long, so take breaks when using your apps.
- Remember to disconnect your Bluetooth.
- Turn off location services (Settings → Privacy → Location services).
- Wait until the temperature is cooler before recharging your iPhone.
- Activate Airplane mode if we have no use for your iPhone (Control center → tap on the airplane icon).
- Turn off your iPhone completely. It’s a bit extreme, but if you’re worried about overheating then it’s best to keep it turned off.
Among the situations to avoid:
- Do not leave your iPhone in the car during hot weather, keep it with you.
- Avoid playing games that place too much strain on the processor, as this may overheat your device.
- Do not use your Bluetooth, as it is an additional source of heat. To do this, go to the Control center, then tap the icon Bluetooth.
Apple informs users that it is normal for an iPhone to heat up when performing demanding tasks such as updating, restoring from a backup, or running a game. It should revert to normal temperature when the task is completed.
If despite all these tips your smartphone continues to overheat, then it is likely that it has a more serious fault. In this case, we recommend that you make an appointment at Apple Genius Bar.