Instagram is a mobile app that lets you share photos and videos with your friends, family, and even strangers who follow you.
It is available on smartphones and nothing prevents you from accessing this social network via your web browser directly from your Mac.
To do this, follow our comprehensive guide presented below.
Post photos on Instagram from Safari
The site Instagram.com allows you to log into your account, view, comment and like photos from your feed on your computer.
If you want to share posts from Safari on your macOS, there is a trick for this:
- Open Safari
- In the menu bar, go to Safari → Preferences → Advances.
- Check the box Show menu Development in the menu bar.
- Go to the site Instagram.com and log into your account.
- In the menu bar, click Development → User agent → Safari – iOS XX- iPhone.
The site should then refresh automatically (do it manually otherwise) and its mobile version appear.
You can now share your photos from your Mac!
Note that there are still two (small) drawbacks to this technique: you cannot use it to share videos and the number of filters you have access to is limited.
Post photos to Instagram from your Mac
To upload your photos to your Instagram account via your Mac, here is the procedure:
- Tap the icon + in the toolbar at the bottom of your Instagram feed.
- Find the image you want to publish, select it and click To choose.
- You can enlarge the image by clicking on thearrow icon at the bottom left.
As for thecircle icon on the right, it allows you to rotate the photo.
- Click on the tab Filtered to find and apply a filter to your image.
- Once the changes are complete, click Following.
- Select To share to download the image.
Post photos to Insta Stories from your Mac
To add items to your Instagram Stories, follow these 4 steps:
- At the top left of the screen, select the icon Camera.
- Find the image you want to view and double-click it.
You can add stickers or draw on your photo using the tools provided.
- To add text to your image, click Aa top right.
- Write your text and click on Ended.
- Finish with Add to your story.
If you no longer like the image, then click on the cross at the top left.
Using the Vivaldi browser
One of the most unknown of Mac web browsers is Vivaldi, yet thanks to it you can also share on Instagram.
You just need to open Instagram.com from Vivaldi, then it will automatically load the mobile version of Instagram.
- Download the browser Vivaldi and install its latest version.
- Go to Instagram.com and log into your account.
- Click on the icon + in the left bar.
- The Instagram URL will appear in the box under Add a web panel, click on it.
You will now be able to add images to your Stories or to your Instagram feed.