Since the last update of Windows 10, a new icon to start a Skype meeting is integrated in the taskbar. Here’s how to remove it.
Some will have noticed: in recent days, a new icon has appeared in the Windows 10 taskbar. By clicking on it, we see that the Microsoft operating system offers us to ” Start a meeting ” with Skype. If it is possible to right-click on it and click on ” Hide “, Here’s how to remove it once and for all.
Disable the Meet Now icon (“Start a meeting”) in Windows 10
It’s a little detail that won’t bother some people, but it will annoy others. Why ? Because this new Meet Now icon is positioned right next to the other icons on the taskbar Windows 10, right next to the Wi-Fi icon and the sound icon. And unless you regularly use this option on Skype, it won’t be of use to you. If you do not plan to do anything with it or if it bothers you visually, here’s how to get rid of it.
- Select menu Start, then go to the Settings Windows 10 (the star wheel icon).
- Once on the menu, select the tab Customization.
- Under the submenu Taskbar, scroll to select the submenu Enable or disable system icons located just under the title Notification area.
- A window will then appear, where you will see several shortcuts, including Location, Maintenance center, Touch keypad, etc. You are in the right place.
- On the right of Start a meeting, deselect the button that should normally be in the enabled position. Voila: the Meet Now shortcut should no longer appear.
- Remember that this modification is completely reversible if you wish to bring it back.
Microsoft is not at its first attempt at adding features that are often unnecessary and difficult to remove. Since several weeks, uninstallation of the new Microsoft Edge browser is no longer possible, for example, through traditional menus. Let’s take this opportunity to remember that Windows 10 set to receive big changes next year, 2021. We will mention in particular the arrival of Project Latte, and probably the exit of Sun Valley.