To add a GIF or a PowerPoint slide, you must go to the tab “Insert“And press”pictures”. From there, an external window will open to search the GIF inside the computer. When you find it, click it to insert in your presentation. If you press F5, all slides will be played with the video clip. You can also use the path “Insert> Online Pictures “ to find and add the image from the Web.
Moving image and a repetitive loop are called GIF. They are used as animation and usually have no sound. They are a excellent resource for presentations or exhibitions you do in the academic field, as they are visually appealing in content. Therefore, in this article, you will observe how to add a GIF or a PowerPoint slide, Is since Windows, MacOS or Web portal.
From your Windows computer, you can put a GIF or add to a PowerPoint slide through the “Insert” tab. With this, you will have the opportunity to choose whether add a GIF from your computer or via the web.
Insert a GIF from the computer
If you want insert a GIF from your computer, Simply follow the steps which are described below:
- Open a blank presentation in PowerPoint.
- Press the tab “Insert“And click”pictures”.
- Search GIF in your computer files and double-click it.
- Adjust the GIF to your preference. If you want to see it in motion, press F5.
Insert a GIF from the Internet
In order to add a GIF to a PowerPoint slide from the Internet you must perform the following process:
- Go to “Insert> Online Images”.
- Write the name of the GIF you want to add to the slide and press “Enter”.
- Choose the one of your preference and click on “Insert”.
- Adjust and move the GIF anywhere on the slide.
To note: In order to change the GIFYou can do it just like any other image. In fact, when you insert it, the “Imaging Tools”. Therefore, you could add a frame, image effects, animations, contour, among others.
As MacOS has a different interface than that of Windows, the steps to perform vary a little. Therefore, this is the procedure you need to perform to add a GIF to a slide in PowerPoint from MacOS:
- Stand on the slide which you insert the GIF.
- Go to the “Start”.
- At “Insert“, Hurry”Image> Image File”.
- Find the GIF image on your computer and press “Insert”.
- Organize animation to taste. To reproduce, made this road “Slideshow> Read from the current slide”.
To note: Before most of these steps, It is important that save the file in GIF format. Otherwise, when you read the slides, the GIF will look like a single image during the presentation.
The steps to put a GIF on a slide in PowerPoint for the web They are exactly the same as those mentioned in the Windows section. However, it is important to mention that the image will not be played during the slideshowBecause the web format does not support this action.
Choose the number of repetitions
If you are looking prevent GIF image repeat indefinitely During the presentation, all you need to edit the file as follows:
- Enter the GIF extractor (separator) using this link.
- Click on “Choose the folder”.
- Locate the GIF image on your computer and press “Enter”.
- Hurry “Download!”.
- Once you download the image, click “Divide frames!”.
- Drag and look for the option “Edit Movie”.
- Write the number of repetitions you want in GIF inside the box “Number of loops”.
- Then press “Make a GIF!”.
- Drag and click the option “Save”.
As you have seen, the process to put a GIF or add to a PowerPoint slide is fast, easy and convenient. You only position yourself on the slide where you want the GIF and follow the steps which have been explained. Finally, you have a tool to set the number of repetitions will GIF during presentation for better control.