The Disney + streaming service launched in France on April 7 and is accessible on various platforms.
Both compatible with smartphones, tablets, computers, PS4, Xbox One and Smart TV, you can also watch its content directly on a standard television.
To do this, either you subscribe to Canal +, or you are using a media player, like the Google Chromecast. This small device is available at 39 € on the Google Store and allows you to copy the screen of your phone, or PC, directly to your television.
Are you tempted by this method of distribution? Follow this tutorial to connect Chromecast to your different devices.
Recommended article: Install Disney + on a Smart TV
Disney + streaming on TV
To take advantage of Disney + on your TV via Chromecast, you must first subscribe to the service. After a price increase of two euros, the subscription is now at € 8.99 / month, if you prefer to pay annually, then it is 89.99 €.
To create a Disney + account:
- Go to the official website of Disney +.
- Create your user account.
- Enter your bank details for the subscription.
Next, you need to download the free iOS app for your iPhone from the Apple Store, or Android through Google Play.
Disney +, install and configure Chromecast
If this is your first time using Chromecast, before you can cast Disney + on your television, there are two important things to do: install and configure your Chromecast.
To do this, follow the 8 steps below:
- Plug your Chromecast into a power outlet.
- Connect your Chromecast dongle to the HDMI port of your TV.
- On your smartphone, download the Google Home app (ios/Android) and open it.
- On the home page Create a house, go to To start.
- Meeting on Configure new devices then on Create another house.
- Fill in the fields.
- Tap on Continue → Add → Configure a device.
- Turn on Wi-Fi, follow the instructions and confirm your new device.
Stream Disney + on TV via Chromecast
Once your Chromecast is set up, you’re all set to access all of the Disney + programming on your TV. Here’s how to do it:
- On your smartphone, or PC, log into your Disney + account via the application (ios/Android) where the official site of the platform.
- Start the movie, series or documentary of your choice.
- Type / click theChromecast icon in the top corner of your screen.
- Select your TV.
Now, set up a quiet corner to enjoy a good time with your family!