Apple TV+, Apple’s streaming service, arrived at the end of 2019, but it has only recently taken hold, thanks in particular to the original content it offers, such as shows like Ted Lasso and For All Mankind. , as well as movies like Greyhound, starring Tom Hanks.
In absolute terms, you’re curious to see what Apple’s catalog has in store, but you don’t want to subscribe to the platform? Find out what workarounds exist…
Get a 7 day free trial on Apple TV+
To watch any show, series, or movie, feel free to sign up for its seven-day free period.
You can subscribe to Apple TV+ directly on the brand’s website, or via the Apple TV app on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
At the end of the 7 days, this trial period will automatically renew to a monthly subscription. Therefore, consider canceling your subscription before being charged €4.99. To do this :
- Go into Settings
- Go to the section Apple ID on your iPhone.
- Press on Subscriptions.
- Touch AppleTV+ in the active list, then cancel the subscription.
Get 3 months of Apple TV+ free with purchase of Apple hardware
You can get three months of Apple TV+ if you buy an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV or Mac from Apple.
After 90 days, the $4.99/month subscription will begin immediately, but you can cancel at any time.
Please note, this offer is unfortunately not available if you or a member of your family have already accepted the Apple TV+ 1 year free offer.
Also, note that for the purchase of an Apple TV, you can also obtain a €50 voucher, which you can reuse to pay for your subscription if you wish.
Get 6 months of free Apple TV+ with PlayStation 5
If you’re lucky enough to own a PlayStation 5, or manage to buy one, you can get a free six-month subscription to Apple TV+. This offer is valid until October 19, 2022. If you own a PlayStation 4, then you will get three months free of charge.
What you need:
- A PS5 or PS4
- A PlayStation Network account
- An Apple ID.
To take advantage of this offer:
- Search for the Apple TV app in the search bar on your PS5 console or in “All Apps” on the Media Portal.
- Download and open the Apple TV app
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Sign in using your Apple ID. If you don’t have one, create one.
Subscribe to a student subscription to Apple Music including TV+
Another solution to watch Apple TV+ programs for free is to subscribe to an Apple Music student subscription.
If you qualify as a college student, you can get it for half price, and as of summer 2021, Apple has bundled free Apple TV+ subscriptions with Apple Music student subscriptions, which cost $4. €.99.
How to subscribe to the Apple TV+ trial period
After making a purchase or deciding to try the free 7-day trial, all you need to do is:
- Open the TV app on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV.
- Sign in to your Apple ID.
- Click on the show you want to watch, you should see the option “Enjoy three months free” or “Enjoy 7 days free”
- Click on Continue, then confirm
You have 90 days from the purchase of a new device to activate the free one-year subscription.