As had been announced by the government, it was on December 15 that the progressive deconfinement began. The curfew is now in place in France.
Local shops are gradually reopening and deserted streets come back to life. After two months of waiting, the French are allowed to leave their homes during the day without a certificate.
However, despite this small increase in freedom, traffic is prohibited in the evening. Indeed, if you have a requirement between 8 pm and 6 am, then you will have to provide a compulsory “curfew” travel certificate.
Warning, it does not apply to December 24, but there will be no exception for December 31. This strategy is adopted in order to avoid festive gatherings.
In this article, we explain the other conditions under which the certificate is used and how to get it.
What is the compulsory “curfew” travel certificate?
In order for deconfinement to be effective and prevent the spread of the virus, the government is proposing a new derogatory certificate. This was established for the curfew that came into effect on December 15, and which takes place from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Note that the travel certificate is no longer compulsory during the day.
For it to be valid, it is imperative to justify yourself by professional or family reasons, mandatory or compelling. Among these are:
- Going to or coming back from his place of work, making a business trip that cannot be postponed
- For compelling family reasons, for assistance to vulnerable and precarious people, in particular people with disabilities or for childcare
- For medical reasons: going to the hospital, examinations and care that cannot be provided remotely and purchase of medicines
- Participation in missions of general interest at the request of the administrative authority (marauding associations for the fight against poverty or distribution of food aid at home)
- Help for people with disabilities and their companions
- Walk a pet around its home
To prove the reasons for your trip, you will need to bring official documents. If you do not present a certificate, then you will be fined up to 135 €.
Download the compulsory “curfew” travel certificate
To complete it, it is the same principle as the previous exit certificate, several personal information is requested:
- Last name
- First name
- Postal code
- Date of Birth
- Place of birth
- Date and time of your trip
You will also find a downloadable proof of professional and school trip in .pdf, .txt and .docx formats.