Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War – How to fix error code 3107840166?
Call of uty Black Ops Cold War officially launched this morning and sadly PC gamers are once again experiencing all kinds of issues. One of them crashes on the desktop with the error code 3107840166.
Just like during the beta test, PC gamers are having all kinds of issues with Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War. Fatal errors, desktop crashing, stuttering, low FPS. It looks like every PC related issue can be found in Black Ops Cold War on the game’s launch day.
One of the crash issues is reporting error code 3107840166, and while Treyarch and Activision are yet to recognize the problem and find a solution, some gamers may have found a temporary solution. Just like with other crashing issues, you can try these solutions below to get the game working properly:
- SCANNING AND REPAIRING FILES
- First of all, you need to scan and repair the files just in case. Go to options and click on Scan and Repair. Simple.
- DOWNLOAD THE LATEST GPU DRIVERS
- DOWNCLOCK YOUR GPU (Just a little bit)
- In case you’re not tech savvy, fear not, this is a pretty straightforward solution. Run MSI Afterburner and downclock your base clock by 100 to 200 MHz and memory clock by 50 MHz. Just use the sliders and click Apply (checkmark icon).
- LOWER YOUR GRAPHIC SETTINGS
- In the graphics options, try lowering the settings to Medium and set your render scale to 80 percent. This should give the GPU more breathing space and shift some of the workload to the CPU, which might fix the issue.
- CHECK YOUR GPU TEMPERATURES
- Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War is a GPU heavy game and it will often crash if your GPU temperatures get too high. Increase the speed of your GPU fan to cool it better.
If none of these solutions work for you, be sure to check back regularly for potential fixes on the Activision and Black Ops Cold War Reddit forums. Hopefully, however, Treyarch and Activision will fix the issues soon.