As on your iPhone, your Apple Watch can accommodate many applications, more or less useful. From time to time, it seems essential to sort out our high-tech devices. Indeed, removing apps that are not being used allows in particular to optimize performance.
Recently, Apple has given the possibility to eliminate native applications on your Apple Watch, such as Activity and Exercises.
As for the rest, watchOS apps are extensions of those downloaded to your iOS. So, to delete them permanently, the most effective method is to do it right from your iPhone.
We give you two methods to uninstall an app on your Apple smartwatch.
Remove a watchOS app through your Apple Watch
To make room on your Apple Watch, we recommend that you put in the trash the applications that you do not use. To do this, follow the 3 steps below:
- Find the app you want to remove, then press and hold its icon until it starts to move.
- In the upper right corner, tap the cross.
- An alert appears, to confirm tap Delete the app.
Remove a watchOS app from your iPhone
For an even more complete process, you will need to delete the app on your iOS. For it :
- Go to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- At the bottom of the tab My watch, find all your available applications
- In the menu of each app, go to the ones you want to remove from your Apple Watch
- Disable the option View on Apple Watch