Last year, iOS 14 brought a lot of novelty. Among them, Apple presented its redesigned widget system which, still in the form of an active tile, allows you to personalize your iPhone’s home screen in different ways.
You can, for example, add a photo widget to scroll through a selection of your photos in a location that you choose yourself.
If you are interested in this feature but have no idea how to do it, here we show you how to make your interface even more dynamic.
Add a photo widget to the home screen
To add and use widgets on your interface, there are a few simple steps to follow:
- Press and hold your screen until you see the icons move.
- Go to the symbol + which appears at the top right.
- Scroll through the different options until you reach the list of widgets.
- Select Pictures.
- Swipe right and left on your screen to choose the size of your widget, then tap Add Widget.
- Then tap your screen again and hold.
- When the icons start to wiggle, press and hold the photo widget.
- Drag it to the location you want, then release it.
- Touch an empty area of your screen to save your changes.
If you have the option to choose the size and location of your photo widget, you will have no control over which photos will scroll, especially due to the algorithm that Apple uses.
The only thing you can do is prevent some already selected photos from appearing. To do this, you can open it via Photos and choose to remove it from your featured photos:
- Wait for the photo you want to delete to appear in the widget.
- Tap on it.
- Touch the icon To share.
- Touch Delete recommended photos.