Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to be a journalist to use audio recording apps. It can be an effective note-taking app especially in the time when you need to be discreet. Of course, every smartphone comes with an audio recording app by default, but these are basic. Third-party apps come with different audio quality, background noise reduction and many more for clearer and crisper sound.
01 – Dolby On | Free | iOS / Android
Instantly record your songs and videos or stream live to your fans with audio quality you won’t think comes just from your phone. Dolby On lets you capture and share your inspirations anytime, anywhere. Turn your phone into a powerful recording tool with just one click. Record songs, sounds, instruments, podcasts, rehearsals, voice memos, ideas, lyrics, beats and more with amazing audio quality! Dolby On is the only free recording application with cutting edge Dolby audio technology. Effortlessly record live music and video with a suite of automatic studio effects including noise reduction, limiting, spatial audio, equalizer, and more.
- Clean up and improve your audio quality with noise reduction, noise reduction and fade in / out.
- Shape your audio and video recording with Dolby’s unique dynamic equalizer and spatial audio for tone and space.
- Optimize your song recording volume for popular music platforms and social media platforms like SoundCloud, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Capture ideas and demo recordings. Record your voice memos and music memos in a simple recording studio app.
- Export your recordings, songs and videos for further editing: take your ideas into your favorite audio editor (DAW) or video editor.
02 – Noted | Free / Paid | ios
Record every detail, mark for later, play and share whenever you want. Meetings and conferences have never been easier. Noted Basic comes with all the basic features, giving you up to five notes and all the editing, indexing and exporting tools you need, absolutely FREE. The advanced Noted + version offers unlimited note taking, noise reduction and adjustable quality audio recording, for just £ 0.99 per month or £ 9.99 per year.
- Easily sync between devices via iCloud
- Adjust audio quality for different needs
- Noise reduction and equalization for total clarity
Easy Voice Recorder is a fun, simple and easy to use audio and voice recorder. Use it to reliably record your meetings, personal notes, lessons, songs and more with no time limit! You can also use powerful audio filters on supported devices, rename and delete your recordings, save them as a ringtone, integrate Tasker and Locale, and much more.
You can also use powerful audio filters on supported devices, rename and delete your recordings, save them as a ringtone, integrate Tasker and Locale, and much more.
- Record to high quality PCM and AAC, or use AMR to save space.
- Record in the background and control the recorder with a home screen widget.
- Increase the input volume with software microphone gain.
- Avoid silent parties.
- Manage and organize your recordings with folders and save the recordings to your SD card.
Hi-Q MP3 voice recorder takes mobile sound recording to the next level. Packed with plenty of features and customization options, and with 44kHz high-fidelity audio sampling, it’s way ahead of any standard recording application. Personal voice notes, group chats, group training, concerts, lectures, speeches, sermons and more – if you can hear it, the app can record it.
With Hi-Q MP3 voice recorder, you will never have to worry about your phone again to get the best recording quality. Record yourself and practice for a presentation, record song ideas and brainstorming sessions, record anything!
- To win. Specify real-time input gain settings for optimal recording in different noise levels.
- Input selection. Select the most sensitive front microphone or the clearest rear microphone as desired (depending on the individual device).
- Quality settings. Customize audio quality with variable bit rate up to 320kbps. You can also record in WAV, OGG, M4A and FLAC (experimental) formats.
Samsung Voice Recorder is designed to give you easy and wonderful recording experience with high quality sound, while providing playback and editing capabilities. For your daily needs, they have developed a “Voice Memo” recording mode so that you can convert your voice to text (speech to text). The available recording modes are:
- [STANDARD] It provides a pleasantly simple recording interface.
- [INTERVIEW] Two microphones located at the top and bottom of your device will be activated to capture the voices of you and your caller (or interviewee), it also displays the dual waveform accordingly.
- [MÉMO VOCAL] Records your voice, then converts it to on-screen text, called STT.
The voice recorder app is completely free. It’s simple and easy to use. You can reliably record your meetings, personal notes, speeches, lectures, songs. There is no time limit. This app can record most of your sound and voice. You can record business meeting, conference, interview. This app is the best choice. Other names you can call: voice recorder, audio recorder, sound recorder.
- High quality recording.
- Format file: mp3, ogg
- Live audio spectrum analyzer
- mp3 encoding with adjustable sampling rate (8-44 kHz)
- Background recording (even when display is off)
- Microphone gain calibration tool
07 – Otter Voice Notes | Free / Paid | Android / iOS
Otter is the smart note-taking and collaboration app that businessmen, students, and journalists use to get the most out of meetings, calls, video conferences, interviews, conferences, and anywhere important conversations take place. Record and review in real time. Find, listen to, edit, organize and share your conversations from any device.
- 600 minutes of transcription per month
- Unlimited cloud storage of all your conversations
- Record audio through internal mic or Bluetooth device, or import existing recordings
- View the transcript in real time, which you can quickly scroll to pick up on a point you missed
- Take photos (e.g. whiteboard, slide, presenter) as you record to add visual context to your online conversations
- Export audio to MP3 format
08 – SnipBack | Free / Paid | Android
With this recording app, you simply put your smartphone into listening mode: after hearing something interesting, you press RETRIEVE AUDIO, and Snipback will record the last few seconds of audio, from the past. Stop recording large audio files: this way you won’t have large audio files, but small, perfectly arranged audio notes.
With this smart approach to voice recording, you can remove a free audio memo from a conversation and record high-resolution voice notes without running out of memory. It also works as a standard high resolution recorder if you need to. Moreover, thanks to its noise reduction function, you will always get high quality audio recordings. Do you need to secretly record a conversation? No problem, Snipback also comes with a hidden voice recording feature! Overview of the main features:
- Hidden voice recording function (secret listening)
- Always tuned mode to retrieve the sounds of the past
- High quality sound recorder
- Organize voice files recorded in sessions
- Customize the recorded audio quality
- Change the duration of extracts (up to 30 min)