Google isn’t proud of this feature, but it should … Being able to connect bluetooth headphones to a Chromecast with Google TV is very convenient and the pairing process is as easy as pie.
Nothing prevents you from using headsets with Jack plugs, but being connected by a cord does not allow you to be free of your movements.
To connect your Chromecast with Google TV to headphones (here Bose QC), follow the steps below:
- From the Google home screen, go to your user profile icon.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- Scroll down the menu and choose Remote control and accessories.
- Now put your headphones into pairing mode.
- Back on the Chromecast, select Associate a remote control or an accessory.
- Wait for your headphones to appear on the list and choose them.
- When requesting pairing, finalize with Associate.
Once you are connected, the volume buttons on the remote control the volume of your headphones, a bar will appear on the screen. When you want to get back to TV sound, just disconnect your bluetooth headphones by turning them off or if it’s 100% wireless put them back in the charging box.