Here are all of the easiest ways to compress videos to smaller file size on your iPhone.
Your iPhone allows you to record videos with incredible quality. However, the downside is that the videos end up with huge file sizes. Since most social media services limit the file size to share, you are probably wondering how to reduce the size of your iPhone videos.
One way to solve this problem is to learn how to compress videos on your iPhone. When you apply compression, the video quality generally stays the same, but you get a much smaller file size than the original.
If you are interested, here are all the best ways to compress video on your iPhone.
1. Reduce Video Size On Your IPhone Using Video Compression
The easiest way to reduce the size of a video on your iPhone is to use a third-party compression app. Video Compress is a free application on the iOS App Store that allows you to compress your videos to reduce them without affecting the quality.
You don’t need to configure any complex options for compression. Just upload your video to the app and it will reduce the size for you.
Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install Video Compress on your iPhone if you haven’t already.
- Open the app and tap the gear icon in the top right corner. Then select an output file format from the export file type . Your compressed video will be saved in this format.
- Go back to the main interface, tap the only icon on the screen and choose the video you want to compress from your gallery.
- You will see a slider which allows you to adjust the compression level of your video. Drag this slider to see the size of the resulting file. When you are happy with the size, tap the icon in the upper right corner.
- Wait for the app to compress your video, then tap Record to record the video.
2. Reduce Video Size On Your iPhone By Using Compress Videos And Resize Video
Another option to change video quality on your iPhone is the app Compress videos and resize video (free and premium version available). This app reduces the size of your iPhone videos to a large extent, allowing you to share your videos anywhere where there are size limitations.
Here is how to use this app to reduce the size of your iPhone videos:
- Launch the app and tap Add ( + ) to add a video to compress.
- Allow the app to access your photos and videos.
- Tap a video to select it for compression.
- On the resulting screen, specify a frame rate and video dimensions for your resulting video file. The smaller the numbers you choose here, the smaller your video file will be.
- Then press Compress and wait for the app to compress your video.
- Once your video is compressed, you will see both the old size and the new size of your video. To delete your original video, tap the option Delete the original . Otherwise, select Keep 1 original video to keep the original and compressed videos on your phone.
Not all video formats are fully optimized for small file sizes. Since your iPhone focuses more on the quality than the size of your video files, it uses a format that allows better quality but consumes more space.
Converting your iPhone video from the default format to another compressed format is another way to compress your videos. This shouldn’t impact the quality of your video too much and your video file size will be several times smaller.
Media Converter (free and premium version available) is one such app which you can use to convert and compress your videos. Here’s how:
- Download and install Media Converter on your iPhone.
- Press on Add ( + ) at the top and select Photo library .
- Allow the app to access your gallery and then tap on the video you want to convert and compress.
- Select Convert video in the menu of your screen.
- Tap the menu Format and select a file format for your video.
- Modify the other desired options and finally press Start conversion to start converting your video.
- You will see the converted file on the main interface.
4. Compress iPhone Video Online
If you only have a few videos to compress, an online tool might be more convenient. You don’t need to install an app to use these tools and these web apps work as well as native iOS apps.
Clideo is one of those online tools that can compress your iPhone videos on the web.
All you need to do is upload your video, let the tool convert it, and then upload the resulting file to your cloud storage. There is currently no option to save the video directly to your iPhone.
Keep in mind that this site will add its brand to your video. If that’s okay with you, here’s how to compress your iPhone videos using Clideo:
- Open Safari and go to the Clideo site.
- Press on Choose a file and select Photo library .
- Select the video to compress. It will be downloaded from the Clideo website.
- Wait for the tool to compress your video.
- When your video is compressed, choose a cloud service to save the resulting video to.
5. Make Your IPhone Record Smaller Videos
You can actually configure the resolution in which your iPhone records videos. The lower the resolution, the smaller your video file will be.
If you are willing to compromise on the quality of your videos, you can actually make your iPhone save smaller videos by default.
- Launch the application Settings and press Camera .
- Press on Record video .
- Choose an option that balances both the size and quality of your videos. The lower the number, the smaller the file size.
Also read: 7 free photo resizing apps for Android
Reduce Videos From Your iPhone In Just A Few Clicks
You don’t have to live with huge video files on your iPhone. As stated above, there are many ways to compress and reduce the size of your videos on your iPhone. Use these tools to reduce the size of your videos so that they are compatible with more file sharing options.
Like videos, you can also convert your audio files. If your device has a lot of music tracks and you want them to take up less space, also learn how to compress audio files. How to compress large audio files: 5 easy and effective ways