Today, most people have problems with their eyes. The point is that we tend to use more and more smartphones, tablets and computers. It can be harmful to health.
In this situation, it is better to keep your eye health under control. It is quite difficult to see your doctor every week or even every month. That’s why we decided to create a list of the best free apps to test your eyes.
Most of the apps are available for iOS, as well as for Android users.
1- Free eye vision test
Here is one of the best Android eye test apps. This eye test is packed with many vision monitoring tools.
The app works perfectly on any device, including computer, tablet and smartphone. However, we recommend that you use your smartphone for testing. It will be easier because you will have to hold your device in front of your face.
Another cool thing about the app is that it is very small. It doesn’t require a lot of space in your device’s memory. You will need approximately 6MB.
Eye Vision Test Free is free. If you are connected to the Internet, there will be advertisements that will keep the tests free.
However, the app also works offline. If you get irritated by the ads popping out of nowhere, you can turn off Wi-Fi.
Another advantage is that the application has a fairly good graphical interface. The app is easy to use right after downloading.
The only downside is that the number of tests provided by the application is limited. There are fewer tests than in the other apps listed here.
You can download this eye test app for free from Google Play. Make sure you get regular vision tests so you can see the dynamics of your vision condition.
2- Visual acuity test
This is another cool eye test app. It has all the basic tests you will love. To test, be sure to give the app access to your camera.
With this app you will:
- Get a general eye exam that can detect major problems. This is vitally important because the earlier you start treatment, the better.
- Check your vision and download the test results. You can use them later when you go to your doctor. It is better to do the test several times to see the dynamics.
- Take a professional astigmatism test and get an accurate result. This is a very reliable test, so don’t overlook it.
- Do a number of eyeglass tests to find out if your glasses are right for you. Maybe they should be replaced with new ones.
- Prevent serious eye diseases. When you detect any disease, you should consult your doctor immediately.
You can save the results of your tests so that you can analyze whether your vision is improving.
Have you ever thought about changing the color of your eyes? If yes, tick 12 best red eye removal apps for Android and iOS.
You can create a spreadsheet or any type of chart. This visualization will be done automatically.
The visual acuity test is very reliable and accurate. It is rated 4.3 out of 5. The application is receiving more and more positive comments from users.
The app is available for free on Google Play.
3- Eye test 2020
This eye test is an ideal way to examine your eyes simply and quickly. You can control your vision with one click. This is extremely important today, as most people tend to use more and more devices that harm their eyesight.
The point is that the vision can be checked quite easily. You don’t need special equipment and instruments. The only thing you will be using is your smartphone.
There are a lot of tests in the app, but the main idea is that you have to place your device in front of your eyes (16 inches) and look at the screen.
You will see pictures, colors and shapes. Your goal is to understand what you are seeing and to differentiate them.
When you have finished the tests, you can analyze the result. We recommend that you take at least two tests. It is best to do the first in the morning and the second before bed.
The application is free. You can use it right after downloading. You don’t have to create an account or choose a subscription type.
You can get it now from Google Play and control your vision.
4- Eye exam
If you are concerned about your vision, this app is a must have for you. It lets you see how many problems you are having and how you can fix them.
The best thing about the eye exam is that you can test your eye health at home.
This is vitally important because we tend to get most of the information visually.
To use the app effectively, try to stick to the following guidelines:
- Sit comfortably and try not to move.
- Your smartphone camera should be working properly. If not, it may affect the test results.
- Place your device in front of you. It should be 16 inches from your eyes.
- Close your left eye and press the button. Then close your right eye and do the same.
- Wait for the results to be presented to you.
The app keeps all of your test results so you can analyze the dynamics later, which is important when you are tracking your health metrics.
If you test regularly, you can use measurement statistics. You can easily view your progress. For example, you can see it as a pie chart or any other type of chart. The application will create these graphics automatically.
All data on your health will be available for download. You can use it when you see your doctor.
Please note that this app is not the same as visiting the optician. If you have serious problems, be sure to see a doctor.
The app is available for free on Google Play. There are advertisements that keep the content free for you.
5- Free eye test
This is a basic application that aims to monitor the health of your eyes. The app is filled with a lot of great tests that will tell you if your eyes are fine or not.
There are over 100 different tests dedicated to different aspects:
- Visual acuity test. This is the most popular basic method of detecting vision problems.
- Astigmatism. This is a special condition when your eyes are too tired and your eyesight worsens. If you have astigmatism, you can hardly work with your tablet or smartphone.
- Color test. It can help you know if your visual spectrum is normal.
- Question test. Some problems can be detected without special tests. That is why try to answer all the questions to get the deepest results.
However, we must warn you that this app cannot replace a visit to a real doctor.
Eye Test is 100% free. There are no advertisements that could prevent you from enjoying the content.
You might also like: 7 free Facerig alternatives for Android and iOS