You are facing an issue of iPhone heating up under load since iOS 16 update. You are worried that it will damage your device in the long run. Your concern is completely legitimate.
Indeed, overheating can lead to malfunctioning of the touch screen… and bugs in the operating system. This can in the long run, if nothing is done to remedy it, cause irreversible damage to the device.
You would like to solve this problem, but you have no idea how to achieve it. You don’t need to worry more about it. In this article, we provide you with several simple and effective methods to prevent an iPhone from overheating.
Why does my iPhone get hot under load?
The causes behind an iPhone overheating while charging can be various. Here are some of the reasons why this type of problem can occur.
An incompatible charger
The iPhone can heat up when the charger it is connected to is not its own (OEM). Because, the tensions delivered by the latter can be too high, weak or even unstable.
In any case, this can cause malfunctions and raise the temperature of the smartphone. It is for this reason that it is not recommended to use a charger other than that provided by the original equipment manufacturer.
An inappropriate plastic case
Apple smartphones can also overheat when kept in a plastic case under full charge. This can indeed happen, if the heat generated by the charging device is not properly dissipated. If so, its temperature will only increase.
Exposure to excessively high temperatures
Like other devices, iPhones can heat up when exposed to high temperatures above 35°C. An iPhone being charged and hit by strong sunlight can get very hot in minutes. The result will be the same if it is placed next to a significant heat source or in a hot environment.
An overused processor!
When the charging phone processor is performing heavy tasks, the temperature of the device quickly reaches a critical level.
This can happen, for example, when playing very resource-intensive games. Or, by simply watching high-quality videos on streaming platforms such as YouTube and Netflix.
iPhone can also get hot when lots of apps or updates are running in the background.
In either of these cases, the processor is severely stressed. And if so, it overheats and suddenly turns the device into a real hot plate.
What solutions should you consider to fix the iPhone that heats up under load?
There are many solutions to cool an iPhone that heats up under load. But it’s not always easy to find your way around. Aware of this, we have selected the 5 best methods for you. Rest assured, we tested them and they proved to be particularly effective in fixing our overheating iPhone.
Method 1: Close background apps
Your iPhone is overheating while charging. You do not know what to do. Why not start by closing apps that are running in the background? You may not know it, but sometimes background apps can cause the device to heat up. And the only way to bring it down is to stop all the applications involved. Here’s how to get there.
- Go to your smart phone’s home screen.
- Once you’re there, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Then pause as soon as you get to the middle.
- Apps running in the background on your device should now appear as a scroll.
- All you have to do to cool down the iPhone is close the ones you aren’t using. To do this, swipe the screen to the left or right in search of the applications to be interrupted. As soon as you come across one, swipe it up on the screen to instantly close it.
- Then repeat the operation, until you stop all the applications you are not using.
- To return to the home screen, click the ” Returnat the top or bottom of the screen.
Method 2: Stop charging if your iPhone overheats during iOS update
You charge your iPhone during the iOS update. This may be the cause of its overheating. You may never have noticed it, but phones tend to heat up slightly when charging. And it is the same during a system update.
Suddenly, by combining charge and iOS update, the iPhone heats up twice as much as normal. Fortunately the solution to this problem is simple. Simply disconnect the charger while updating the operating system.
Method 3: iOS Bug Causes “iPhone Too Hot” Warning? ReiBoot can solve it
Since iOS update, your phone keeps showing “iPhone needs to cool down” warning. You have tried different cooling methods, but none have had the desired result. If so, it’s probably due to a flaw in the new iOS.
In this case, the methods discussed above will not work. The only way to get rid of this bug is to intervene directly on the operating system of the smartphone. And to do this, you will need an efficient, reliable and fast tool like Tenorshare ReiBoot. This one was created to overcome many iOS problems including the overheating of the iPhone. Here is the path to follow to lower the temperature of your iPhone with ReiBoot.
Step 1: Download and install ReiBoot on their computer
To fix your iPhone overheating problem with Tenorshare ReiBoot, you will need a computer. PC or Mac, it doesn’t matter since the software is available on both Windows and macOS. As soon as you have the computer, download then install the version of the app compatible with your operating system.
After the download is complete, install the program. To do this, double click on the setup, then follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
Step 2: Fix iPhone heating up under load with ReiBoot
After successfully installing it, run ReiBoot. Then follow the steps below to fix the phone heating issue.
- Connect the iPhone to be repaired to the computer using a USB cable. Wait a few moments for the computer to recognize it. Then press the ” Beginto initiate the procedure.
- On the new page that has just appeared, you will be offered various options. Select ” standard repair“. But take a few moments to read the notes before starting the operation.
- When you are ready to start the repair, click the ” standard repair» placed at the bottom.
- To repair your iPhone, ReiBoot will download the latest firmware package. It should weigh around 5 GB. You can choose another location if the default one does not suit you.
- To do this, click in the field of the heading ” Path“. Then, select the new location where the firmware will be downloaded. Once you have made your choice, click on ” To download “.
- The download may take some time. It all depends on your bandwidth. The faster it is, the shorter the waiting time.
- When the download is complete, a new page will appear. You will read about it ” Run Standard Repair“. Click it to fix your iPhone heating problem.
- Finally, wait while ReiBoot rids your device of the bug that was causing it to overheat.
Method 4: Remove the phone case
As explained earlier, the hull can also promote the rise in temperature of the iPhone. Indeed, it can prevent the ventilation of the device which, once charged, will then store heat.
If your phone shows the high temperature warning while in its case, then consider taking it out. If only for the duration of the charge. With this simple gesture, you can effectively solve the heating problem of your iPhone.
Method 5: Turn off your iPhone and restart it when it cools down
Another method just as simple as the previous one is to turn off the device and turn it on after it has cooled down. You are having difficulty turning off your device. The method of turning on and off iOS is not always the same from one iPhone model to another.
For example, to turn off an iPhone with Face ID, you would do the following:
- Press the side button and one of the volume buttons on the smartphone.
- Hold them down until the sliders appear on the screen.
- Then drag the slider Switch offto turn off the device and let it cool down.
When the device cools down, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
We have just introduced the top five methods to cool down an overheating iPhone. Of course, there are several others, but they are not all equally effective. However, if you are facing an iPhone that heats up after iOS 16, feel free to resort to Tenorshare ReiBoot. He’ll get over it quickly.
This iPhone/iPad recovery tool is indeed very efficient. In addition to cooling the device, it ensures the repair of the iOS system regardless of the failure encountered. Indeed, it is essential in the resolution of more than 150 iOS problems (looped start, black screen, etc.).
You can also count on it to enter or exit recovery mode, downgrade iOS without jailbreak, reset your device or save it. As you will have understood, this software is a must have for iPhone and iPad users.