If you’ve just bought a new PC or laptop, you might be looking for ways to transfer data from the old computer to the new one. It doesn’t matter whether you are a business user or a home user; the idea of migrating data from one computer to another can seem scary, especially if you haven’t already.
Besides, one cannot ignore the risk of data loss if something goes wrong during the process. To transfer files and system settings to a new computer, you need to use data migration tools. Currently, there are many data migration tools available for Windows 10.
SEE AS WELL: The 8 best parental control apps for Windows
List of the best data migration software for Windows 10
You can use any free data migration tool to transfer files from your old PC to a new one. Therefore, in this article, we are going to share some of the best data migration software for Windows 10. Let’s take a look.
If you are looking for ways to migrate an existing OS to SSD, you must try Minitool Partition Wizard Free. It is free software that mainly focuses on the elements related to sheet music.
Minitool Partition Wizard Free supports file systems such as FAT 12/16/32, exFAT, NTFS, and Ext2 / 3/4. Apart from that, it also offers other features like partition management, file system check, etc.
- Easily create / delete / format existing partitions
- Minitool Partition Wizard Free can be used to move / resize partition.
- The tool can be used to migrate operating systems to SSD.
- Quickly convert hard drive from FAT to NTFS without losing data.
2. Windows File Transfer and Settings
Well, Windows Easy Transfer doesn’t support Windows 10, but it does support old versions like Windows 7 and Windows 8. So if you are looking for software to migrate data from old Windows 7 computer to new one Windows 8, so Windows Easy Transfer might help.
The good thing is that it comes preloaded in the older version of Windows. So you don’t need to install any other third party apps. Other than that, the tool is completely free.
- It is an integrated tool of Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating system.
- Windows Easy Transfer supports all types of files.
- It can also transfer user account profiles.
- The tool is completely free.
Well, if you are looking for ways to migrate entire OS to new drive without data loss, then EaseUS Todo PC Trans Free might be the best choice for you. It’s free software that supports almost all major apps.
You can use EaseUS Todo PC Trans Free to migrate OS to SSD or HDD. Besides, it allows you to copy the system drive to SSD or hard drive. So, EaseUS Todo PC Trans Free is definitely the best PC migration software for Windows 10.
- EaseUS Todo PC Trans is known for its great user interface.
- With EaseUS Todo PC Trans, you can transfer apps, images and system settings from one PC to another.
- It also allows you to select or remove specific applications during the migration process.
- EaseUS Todo PC Trans is also known for its robust customer support.
Well, PCMover by Laplink is one of the best PC migration software that you can use today. PCMover has been around for a long time now, and it’s one of the best in its section. Microsoft has also partnered with Laplink to promote the PCMover tool for migrating data.
With PCMover, you can quickly move system files, settings, programs, etc. from one PC to another. It also supports USB 3.0 for faster data transfer speed during the migration process.
- Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to promote its PCMover software.
- With PCMover, you can transfer files, system settings, user profiles, applications from one PC to another.
- PCMover also allows you to manually select folders and user profiles during the migration process.
- It also allows you to cancel the migration process.
Unlike all other PC data migration software, ForensiT TransWiz also supports all versions of Windows 10. The advantage of ForensiT TransWiz is that it automatically converts Windows 7 profiles to Windows 10 during the migration process.
The user interface of ForensiT TransWiz also looks simple and straightforward. ForensiT TransWiz can be used to transfer applications, system settings, user profiles, data, etc. from the old PC to the new one.
- With ForensiT TransWiz, you can easily backup or restore user profiles.
- It converts Windows 7 profiles to Windows 10.
- ForensiT TransWiz also supports a command line interface for PC migration.
- It also has a free version which does its job quite well.
So here are the five best PC migration software that you can use today. If you know of any other such software, let us know in the comment box below. Hope this article has helped you! Please also share it with your friends.